• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Indonesia Tsunami

gotbeer

I saw that a day or two ago and still can't get over what it must have been like sitting there at a show on the beach when a tsunami unexpectedly hits.  I know at least as of yesterday three of the band members were missing or presumed dead along with people in the crowd.  Absolutely terrible.

I read a great book on Krakatoa over the summer. Why anyone would live or vacation on the shore next to that area is beyond me. All sorts of crazy things resulted from the 1883 eruption. Global temperatures dropped, the sky was a different color for years and shipping channels in the Sunda Straught changed forever. F that noise. 

https://www.amazon.com/Krakatoa-World-Exploded-August-1883/dp/0060838590/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545722496&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=krakatoa+simon+winchester&dpPl=1&dpID=51h49OyWihL&ref=plSrch

They made a movie about Krakatoa in 1969. Krakatoa, East of Java

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&ei=1j4iXO2zOtKUtQWv74q4Dw&q=krakatoa+east+of+java&oq=Krakatoa+east+of+java&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l10.3030.5679..9856...0.0..0.114.1227.11j2......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i131j0i131i67j0i67j0i3.H3VUN7SBuko

Fictitious story, but it was about the volcano erupting and treasure hunters. I still remember the movie and I haven't seen it in a long time.