• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alexa

I dig mine. I have three scattered around the house and have them all tied together so I can walk through the house listening to Spotify.

I did tie it into my bedroom light so if I’m reading I can simply tell it to turn on and off without having to get out of bed to hit the switch.

I don’t use it enough, but simply telling it grocery or other items is neat for coming up with grocery lists. Just say, “Alexa, add lube to my shopping list” while it’s fresh in your head instead of going shopping and coming home and realizing you forgot the most important item.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:33 AM, Brandon said:

I dig mine. I have three scattered around the house and have them all tied together so I can walk through the house listening to Spotify.

I did tie it into my bedroom light so if I’m reading I can simply tell it to turn on and off without having to get out of bed to hit the switch.

I don’t use it enough, but simply telling it grocery or other items is neat for coming up with grocery lists. Just say, “Alexa, add lube to my shopping list” while it’s fresh in your head instead of going shopping and coming home and realizing you forgot the most important item.

And then you have to spend way more than you wanted on postmates, because you dont want to say "just lube". You add stuff like d batteries and jumper cables, to play it off. 

Which makes it look even grosser, unintentionally.

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

And then you have to spend way more than you wanted on postmates, because you dont want to say "just lube". You add stuff like d batteries and jumper cables, to play it off. 

Which makes it look even grosser, unintentionally.

that's why I add Tapatio, which now that I think about it, just increases the grossness 

All these devices freak me out.  I'll never get one.  They collect data on you 24/7.  Companies like Google continue to buy up companies in an effort to actually collect more data on all of us.  Yeah, I am paranoid. I don't even turn on the GPS on my phone unless I need it for something. If you understand the way AI works and how all this data collection stuff works, it might freak you out too.  I don't even have that many apps on my phone because I don't like them collecting data on me.  All the data mining just bugs me.

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

All these devices freak me out.  I'll never get one.  They collect data on you 24/7.  Companies like Google continue to buy up companies in an effort to actually collect more data on all of us.  Yeah, I am paranoid. I don't even turn on the GPS on my phone unless I need it for something. If you understand the way AI works and how all this data collection stuff works, it might freak you out too.  I don't even have that many apps on my phone because I don't like them collecting data on me.  All the data mining just bugs me.

Heads up, all phones are tracking you. The location disclaimer is if you want OTHER apps having access to that info.

As for Alexa, she hears everything all the time. Apparently it's supposed to stop listening when you hit the mute button on the device.... but I'm skeptical.

You are constantly being data mined with or without your permission. I.E. Those cameras in retail stores are collecting data on where people are walking within the store. So they know how long it took you to select that magazine to go along with the moisturizer you grabbed a minute ago.

44 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

Heads up, all phones are tracking you. The location disclaimer is if you want OTHER apps having access to that info.

As for Alexa, she hears everything all the time. Apparently it's supposed to stop listening when you hit the mute button on the device.... but I'm skeptical.

You are constantly being data mined with or without your permission. I.E. Those cameras in retail stores are collecting data on where people are walking within the store. So they know how long it took you to select that magazine to go along with the moisturizer you grabbed a minute ago.

Yup... I know, I know... I try to limit their access as much as possible. 

The alternative is to name your kid Alexa and then just use them..

Alexa - turn on the TV.

Alexa - get me a sandwich...

Alexa - go wash the car...

This "Alexa" is much more versatile.

10 hours ago, True Grich said:

The alternative is to name your kid Alexa and then just use them..

Alexa - turn on the TV.

Alexa - get me a sandwich...

Alexa - go wash the car...

This "Alexa" is much more versatile.

Yeah but assuming it's a girl the cost of hair care products alone can break you. Much better if you get a lease option