• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alexa

The hardware they need is the echo dot. After getting the device, they need to install the Alexa App on their phone to set up the device. Within the app, they would add both the echo dot and smart TV device to their acct. That connects the 2 devices.

After that, they can just say "Alexa, open Netflix", or say the movie to play. But if they have trouble switching to Netflix, they will need help setting up the echo dot.

you ungrateful jerk. these people made sacrifices to raise you, put a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food on the table. the least you can do is get off your lazy ass and go change the channel every time they need it done. 

(sorry for yelling. I just realized I'm out of ice cream)

24 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

Yes. I use Alexa regularly. Not only for opening to a certain app, but also change channels, volume, and power the TV. Oh, and my daughter endlessly listening to Baby Shark. 

This is the main function for it in our house. That song is on constant repeat and I’m about to lose my shit. 

12 hours ago, Lou said:

you ungrateful jerk. these people made sacrifices to raise you, put a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food on the table. the least you can do is get off your lazy ass and go change the channel every time they need it done. 

(sorry for yelling. I just realized I'm out of ice cream)

The truth is i just made up a story about my parents. I just didnt want you guys to know im too lazy to work my own tv.

We have several Alexa devices around the house. I use the one by the bedside for an alarm clock. It's also useful for checking sports scores and getting weather information. The one in the living room does indeed tune the television and search for various programs. It also informs us of Amazon deliveries and such.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

If I had the energy, I might possibly start one.

maybe.

Like when you get notification alerts at the bottom of your screen for this site....but if you dont click on it before it disappears (because the freakin cookie policy tab is over it), you say screw it....im not hitting that notification tab up above. Im beat.

We tie ours in to smart plugs. For Christmas I set it to shut down the tree, outdoor lights, mantle, etc. we also use it to switch on bedroom lights which aren’t tied to the switch near the door. Also tied into my office outside with a smart lock so I can lock and unlock the door without having to make sure I know where the key is. At some point I’ll get it tied into the thermostat.