• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

You’ve got $10-12 million to spend

Stradling

How are you finishing the roster?  I am going to try to get Avila for a mid level prospect, for $4 million and then sign a guy like Tony Watson as a lefty in the pen, for about $6 million.  Not sure what $2 million gets you these days, but it might get you a guy like Warren, but not sure.  

The other option would be to trade Kole for Greinke and enough money to get his contract down to $20 million a year.  Then trade a starter like Barria for the best young catcher you can get.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How are you finishing the roster?  I am going to try to get Avila for a mid level prospect, for $4 million and then sign a guy like Tony Watson as a lefty in the pen, for about $6 million.  Not sure what $2 million gets you these days, but it might get you a guy like Warren, but not sure.  

The other option would be to trade Kole for Greinke and enough money to get his contract down to $20 million a year.  Then trade a starter like Barria for the best young catcher you can get.  

None of the above, please.

Plus when did Arte or Eppler state that's all they have to spend?

This is based on Fletcher's assumptions.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nobody knows, one can only assume, so it's best we don't. 

Ok.  I’m guessing it’s more than assumption since it was based on a conversation with someone in the front office.   But if you know Arte, those decisions can be fluid.  

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

No,especially since it is Homer Bailey.He has Homer in his name,that should tell you enough.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

Yeah but he's a buy low candidate that's really cheap. Surely he's better than his stats from last year, especially away from that band box in Cincinnati. Surely he's worth a look?

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok.  I’m guessing it’s more than assumption since it was based on a conversation with someone in the front office.   But if you know Arte, those decisions can be fluid.  

Man it seems like these front office people can't keep a secret. What else did this person have to say? Any news on the Mike Trout contract extension?

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

My opinion is you don't make final decisions on the roster based on exact dollars.  Make decisions based on opppotunities, and cost versus benefit.

The trade market and free agent market changes constantly.  Some players are worth changing your budget.

This off season has been pretty expensive.  

47 minutes ago, Halodays said:

If you trade Kole, who is the right fielder?

Depends on how much you could spend after taking on Greinke’s contract....if we could squeeze in a 4-5 million type player, we’d be fine, there would be FA options...not sure if Grienke eats up the remaining budget though...