• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade for Realmuto or sign Grandal

Chuck

Trade for Realmuto or sign Grandal?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If we could sign Kikuchi or Keuchel would you trade Barria, Suarez, Marsh & one of Jones/Fletcher/Ward/Rengifo for Realmuto?

• Trade for Realmuto
    • Sign Yasmani Grandal
    • Sign Martin Maldonado

Just now, NJHalo said:

Mets GM Brodie Van Wagenen was on WFAN tuesday saying that the Mets walked away from the Marlins asking price of one current major league player, and two significant prospects. 

Barria classifies as a young current major leaguer, then we add 3 top 100 prospects not named Canning and Adell. 

Honestly, I bet the Astros get him by trading Tucker and some other prospects for Realmuto. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Why?

I added Maldonaldo in case some wanted him on the cheap. 

But seriously, if you can add a good catcher who also isn't a black hole in the lineup offensively, DO IT. 

To me, it's Grandal, Realmuto or BUST. 

Is it though?  i mean the reason we do that is offense, if we can get that elsewhere such as 3B wouldnt it be ok to bring back Maldy?

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Is it though?  i mean the reason we do that is offense, if we can get that elsewhere such as 3B wouldnt it be ok to bring back Maldy?

It's rare to have a productive catcher on offense. This offseason three have been made available of the sort, two of which are still available. You have to make a run IMO.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Barria classifies as a young current major leaguer, then we add 3 top 100 prospects not named Canning and Adell. 

Honestly, I bet the Astros get him by trading Tucker and some other prospects for Realmuto. 

Do the Angels have 3 Top 100 prospects not named Adell or Canning?

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's rare to have a productive catcher on offense. This offseason three have been made available of the sort, two of which are still available. You have to make a run IMO.

i agree to a point, but Ramos made his choice, Grandal costs the pick, and Realmuto is only in trade (which by he way i think they get less in the end than most)
If for example we were to get Machado, or even Moustakis for 3B to replace the missing offense, having a gold glove behind the dish would work for me 
Just my 2 cents if they dont like the options at C. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

i agree to a point, but Ramos made his choice, Grandal costs the pick, and Realmuto is only in trade (which by he way i think they get less in the end than most)
If for example we were to get Machado, or even Moustakis for 3B to replace the missing offense, having a gold glove behind the dish would work for me 
Just my 2 cents if they dont like the options at C. 

I think if we get through this offseason and the only prospect lost was that 2nd round draft pick, I’d be okay with that result. 

Ohtani, Maitan, and Soto were essentially free picks added last offseason. Rengifo from Cron sort of as well. 

Grandal stabilizes catcher for a few seasons too, so we won’t have to spend additional money or prospects next season, or compete for catchers on the FA market again. 

3 minutes ago, Halodays said:

Do the Angels have 3 Top 100 prospects not named Adell or Canning?

Marsh and Suarez... Jones was in the top 100 earlier but dropped out, but he's on the cusp. I think it's because of his subpar season, but he made some changes and looked a lot better in the AFL.

Just now, totdprods said:

I think if we get through this offseason and the only prospect lost was that 2nd round draft pick, I’d be okay with that result. 

Ohtani, Maitan, and Soto were essentially free picks added last offseason. Rengifo from Cron sort of as well. 

as would i, just saying it isnt the only way in theory.  
i still think we are going to make a trade of some kind, we have to, we dont have the roster space for anyone otherwise and still have openings 

Also Grandal might want a somewhat big contract in terms of length and cost is a draft pick. I don’t know if I view him as a longer term solution. Realmuto or Perez may be the best long term pieces but they may cost too much in prospects. Why not just trade for Alex Avila who is only making 4.25 mil in his final year and has a higher career obp, caught stealing percentage and fielding percentage than Grandal and address catcher again next offseason?

6 minutes ago, Halokingfish said:

Also Grandal might want a somewhat big contract in terms of length and cost is a draft pick. I don’t know if I view him as a longer term solution. Realmuto or Perez may be the best long term pieces but they may cost too much in prospects. Why not just trade for Alex Avila who is only making 4.25 mil in his final year and has a higher career obp, caught stealing percentage and fielding percentage than Grandal and address catcher again next offseason?

FWIW, Avila has been available pretty much every Eppler offseason and fit our needs to a T, yet nary a mention of him and the Angels being connected. Similarly, Jon Jay.

They either don’t want to be here, or Eppler really isn’t interested. 

My catcher preferences in order are Grandal, a Hedges/d’Arnaud/Barnhart trade, or a vet like Lucroy or Maldy. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

FWIW, Avila has been available pretty much every Eppler offseason and fit our needs to a T, yet nary a mention of him and the Angels being connected. Similarly, Jon Jay.

They either don’t want to be here, or Eppler really isn’t interested. 

My catcher preferences in order are Grandal, a Hedges/d’Arnaud/Barnhart trade, or a vet like Lucroy or Maldy. 

We could conceivably wait to see where Realmuto lands and see if it displaces a catcher that makes sense to trade for