• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If only.....

Halodays

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I like Barria but he's probably due for a big drop-off in 2019. He's real competitor and I think a smart pitcher, but still maxes out as a #4, imo. I also don't expect Pena to get better than he was, which was pretty decent for a #5. 

Barria is still very young and still has time to hone his craft so while he might have a drop-off, imo it won't be a big drop-off. I want to see how Pena will do preparing himself to be a starter in Spring Training instead of a reliever.

Baseball is a game of adjustments.  In year two, hitters will likely make more adjustments, and Barria probably won't have the same luck he had this year.  In year three, he'll adjust right back and we'll see who Barria really settles in as.  Rarely is a pitcher as good as they'll ever be in their rookie year.  Maybe in terms of velocity, but there's more to pitching than simply throwing hard. 

I expect Barria will be more of an inning eating #5 starter in 2019, but I think in 2020, he'll settle back in as a #3/4 starter. 

Even Weaver and Lackey had big steps backwards in their second and third years.

Expecting anything beyond 150 IP and a 4.50 ERA for Barria in 2019 is ambitious. He might certainly outperform that, no doubt, but it’s not likely. There are other scenarios with a higher probability of happening, such as Skaggs, Harvey, or Heaney pitching like #2s.

2 hours ago, Halodays said:

Jaime Barria and Felix Pena could pitch at home like they did on the road, the Angels wouldn't need to sign any starters this off season. What are the chances they pitch better at home this year?

Just gonna throw this out there...

Barria, averages allowed.

Home -- .237/.316/.403 -- .719
Away --  .248/.319/.400 -- .719

Lastly -- the Averages allowed for all AL SPs in 2018 -- .317 OBP, 426 SLG%, 743 OPS

Edited by Inside Pitch

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Dude stop pretending you’re new to baseball.  I read somewhere you’re full of shit. 

I really only posted about stat based stuff and free agents because I spent a lot of time this offseason learning those stats and friends helped evaluate those stats and what they meant. I still have trouble evaluating trades and farm value hence the really bad trade proposal I made. I never posted about certain ex Angels players you guys bring up because I know nothing about them. If you think I am B.S. go ahead that’s your right. 

2 minutes ago, Halokingfish said:

I really only posted about stat based stuff and free agents because I spent a lot of time this offseason learning those stats and friends helped evaluate those stats and what they meant. I still have trouble evaluating trades and farm value hence the really bad trade proposal I made. I never posted about certain ex Angels players you guys bring up because I know nothing about them. If you think I am B.S. go ahead that’s your right. 

Dunno what all this is about but Tim Salmon last played baseball 13 years ago.    So an interesting username for someone who is a new fan.

2 minutes ago, Halokingfish said:

I already explained myself on that one. One of my friends referred to Trout as Kingfish so I just rolled with it

Sorry... we need to validate your legitimacy.  We're going to need some ID and some cash... lots of cash... we're talking tons of cash. 

Personally, I could care less if you are new to baseball or just pretending to be new to baseball.  I can't think of why anyone would even fake being new to baseball, but this is AW and anything is possible.