• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

"Mile wide" Tornado touches down in Oklahoma

there were twisters predicted for a lot of last night and into today. wondering why anyone would send their kids to school, but that's 20/20 hindsight now.

if they were under tornado watch or warning, i would have been inclined to keep my kid at home with me, or maybe even leave town.

2.5 miles wide is just insane. not sure there's much of a defense you can put up against something like that.

Once the warning was issued, the tornado touched down 8 minutes later according to CNN's coverage. It just assembled so quickly.

I don't think this is any lack of prevention, there isn't much you can do in 8 minutes against mother nature. A 2 mile wide tornado is going to rip anything in its path.

8 minutes though.  For a tornado, that's a good amount of time for a warning.  So at least there is hope that people were able to at least get in a secure location.