• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Actually Legitimate Free Speech Thread

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Unsettling is the correct terminology.  Did they add that to her contract because of her ethnicity or do all new contracts have that wording?

(maybe I didn't read far enough into the article)

It's a Texas state law. It's also apparently present in some form in Texas' twin state: New York. Others, too. 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nobody will. It makes zero sense for a school district to do this. So much so,  I question how accurate this article is. If it is fact, that's batshit crazy

I would probably ask them if I was being punked... "Is Ashton Kutcher hiding somewhere????"

How many people signed this before someone made a fuss about it?

Is she actually planning on boycotting Israel?

Lot's of questions

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I would probably ask them if I was being punked... "Is Ashton Kutcher hiding somewhere????"

How many people signed this before someone made a fuss about it?

Is she actually planning on boycotting Israel?

Lot's of questions

I love how states think they can manipulate the Constitution and the bill of rights. This is where state's rights get buried. 

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Nobody will. It makes zero sense for a school district to do this. So much so,  I question how accurate this article is. If it is fact, that's batshit crazy

It’s accurate.  Several states have laws on the books already.  American zionists are hard at work trying to make even mild opposition to the Israeli ethno state punishable. 

Then there is this.  Interesting.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB2844

This bill would, with certain exceptions, require a person that submits a bid or proposal to, or otherwise proposes to enter into or renew a contract with, a state agency with respect to any contract in the amount of $100,000 or more to certify, under penalty of perjury, at the time the bid or proposal is submitted or the contract is renewed that they are in compliance with the Unruh Civil Rights Act and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, and that any policy that they have adopted against any sovereign nation or peoples recognized by the government of the United States, including, but not limited to, the nation and people of Israel, is not used to discriminate in violation of the Unruh Civil Rights Act or the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. By requiring a person to certify under penalty of perjury, this bill would expand the definition of a crime, thereby imposing a state-mandated local program.

On December 17, 2018 at 6:39 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

"I hope I can become rich & famous in my early 20's so I can settle down and marry a 40-year-old with a bunch of kids ... that'll really throw the scent off the gay trail."

-Tosh 

Snopes, which is usually all over stuff like this and has been shown to be fair and impartial, says that this is a real thing.

Does a Texas Law Require Government Contractors to Swear They Won’t Boycott Israel?

The Intercept‘s article accurately reflected a law signed by Texas governor Greg Abbott in 2017, which did require any and all government agencies and bodies to demand that would-be contractors sign a commitment not to boycott Israel as a prerequisite to entering into a contract with them.