• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Realistic Trade Options

Stradling

Which players could you see traded between now and the trade deadline?  Whether the player is expensive on a team that is rebuilding or simply has a ton of trade value.  Which players do you see being moved in the next several months?  I will get this started with some obvious ones.

JT Realmuto- basically guaranteed to be moved

Fransisco Cervelli- lots of belief that he will be moved

I thought I read that KC would move Salvador Perez.

Joc Pederson will probably be moved since he is the odd man out with Bellinger being the same type of player, only better.

Yasiel Puig, this for sure happens if the Dodgers sign Harper.

I am sure there are a ton of other guys out there.  

Cervelli, Perez, hedges

as for outfield I don’t think they go after anyone other than a 2 year stop gap for Adell. The only way I see anything other than that happening is if they sign Harper and trade Adell for degrom. Which is unlikely. 

Arrenado makes sense. Big bat, great glove. 

Pitchers I could see some of Cleveland’s relievers. Hand, cimber...

Nolan Arenado (if Rockies are out of it)

Kirby Yates (if Padres are out of it)

Billy Hamilton

Jedd Gyorko

Josh Donaldson (if Braves are out of it)

Basically any player who is a free agent at the end of 2019 on a team that is out of contention.

Reports are that Harper is friends with Puig and so he wouldn't be traded but he would get the biggest return for sure. We might match up with the White Sox on a SP since they need to upgrade in the OF but I really can't figure out what Eppler is doing and so I'm just hoping it's not a bunch of dumpster diving/low risk moves that he tends to gravitate towards.

10 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Reports are that Harper is friends with Puig and so he wouldn't be traded but he would get the biggest return for sure. We might match up with the White Sox on a SP since they need to upgrade in the OF but I really can't figure out what Eppler is doing and so I'm just hoping it's not a bunch of dumpster diving/low risk moves that he tends to gravitate towards.

That’s what we are doing for 2019, we have known that since before the off season starter. This organization is not yet in a spot to spend big or to deal prospects. 

Hes going to build a team that’s good enough to compete if a few things go right but also, he isn’t going to ruin all the work he has done so far, just for a shot in 2019. 

2020 and 2021 this organization is going to hit its stride and we are all going to be saying that it was worth the wait.

I'll add a few that haven't been listed yet...

SP: Jose Urena, Marcus Stroman, Aaron Sanchez, Dylan Bundy, Mike Minor, Jake Junis, Jose Quintana, Robbie Ray, Alex Wood, Dan Straily, Rick Porcello, Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson, Zack Greinke, Julio Teheran, Michael Fulmer, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Norris
RP: Will Smith, Mychal Givens, Shane Green, Arodys Vizcaino, Dellin Betances, Alex Colome
Hitters: Travis Shaw, Travis d'Arnaud, Maikel Franco, Jurickson Profar, Xander Bogaerts, Scooter Gennett, Tucker Barnhart, Austin Hedges, Nick Castellanos

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I'll add a few that haven't been listed yet...

SP: Jose Urena, Marcus Stroman, Aaron Sanchez, Dylan Bundy, Mike Minor, Jake Junis, Jose Quintana, Robbie Ray, Alex Wood, Dan Straily, Rick Porcello, Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson, Zack Greinke, Julio Teheran, Michael Fulmer, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Norris
RP: Will Smith, Mychal Givens, Shane Green, Arodys Vizcaino, Dellin Betances, Alex Colome
Hitters: Travis Shaw, Travis d'Arnaud, Maikel Franco, Jurickson Profar, Xander Bogaerts, Scooter Gennett, Tucker Barnhart, Austin Hedges, Nick Castellanos

I have an unfinished article in my files from nearly two years ago.

The premise of that article was to find the closest comparable pitcher in the Majors to Clayton Kershaw in terms of velocity, off-speed pitches, and horizontal and vertical pitch placement. At that time Daniel Norris was the only comparable I could find that was close enough to be interesting. Too bad his body is failing him lately. If he ever recovers he could be something pretty special a la a Kershaw-lite copy.