• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats interested in Keuchel

Dtwncbad

Just now, Kevinb said:

If I were the Angels I'd only go 2 years on a deal for him. I wouldn't offer anyone a contract that brings them over the age of 33. Baseball is getting younger. Let the other teams have an older ball club. Let the Angels stay young.

Then you won’t be signing any free agent.  I don’t mean to sound like an asshole, but they simply wouldn’t sign here.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Then you won’t be signing any free agent.  I don’t mean to sound like an asshole, but they simply wouldn’t sign here.  

I don't know how that would make you sound like an asshole.... Teams don't usually beat free agency. Free agency usually wins. If we aren't in on Harper, which we aren't, then other than the Japanese guy there's not much out there in terms of young free agent talent. Get the farm ready to play key roles this season and be ready for a playoff push. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

I don't know how that would make you sound like an asshole.... Teams don't usually beat free agency. Free agency usually wins. If we aren't in on Harper, which we aren't, then other than the Japanese guy there's not much out there in terms of young free agent talent. Get the farm ready to play key roles this season and be ready for a playoff push. 

But if we were to go after most free agents you wouldn’t be able to sign very many of them.  When most free agents are 30 when they become free agents, you won’t be able to compete with teams that give 3-5 year deals and your contracts would be for 2 years only.  I almost think that would have to be position specific.  And then when you look at players that are over the age of 32, then you would only sign them to 1 year deals?  

11 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

If I were the Angels I'd only go 2 years on a deal for him. I wouldn't offer anyone a contract that brings them over the age of 33. Baseball is getting younger. Let the other teams have an older ball club. Let the Angels stay young.

that would be an insult to Keuchel and get us laughed at.  You don't even bring that to the table.  If you're going to go after free agents, you know what you're getting into.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

that would be an insult to Keuchel and get us laughed at.  You don't even bring that to the table.  If you're going to go after free agents, you know what you're getting into.  

He’s allowed to be insulted. But I don’t see why you wouldn’t offer him the deal. I never said offer him a cheap deal. I’d even overpay for those two years by a decent amount. What I wouldn’t want to do is be on the hook for a player in the decline phase of his career. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But if we were to go after most free agents you wouldn’t be able to sign very many of them.  When most free agents are 30 when they become free agents, you won’t be able to compete with teams that give 3-5 year deals and your contracts would be for 2 years only.  I almost think that would have to be position specific.  And then when you look at players that are over the age of 32, then you would only sign them to 1 year deals?  

I don’t think we are going after most free agents. You don’t build a team through free agency. Let other teams give additional years. Then when they are at the end of their contract trying to unload those players and contracts the Angels can laugh. I guess maybe 33 shouldn’t be a rule because I would go to 35/36 age years for Trout and Harper. But for most free agents or for most contract extensions I wouldn’t go past age 33/34 at the latest

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

"Keuchel is believed to be seeking a deal in the four- to six-year range, and many analysts predict he will get it"

lol at a two-year dealb 

Then you don't sign him. Pretty simple solution. What someone wants and what someone gets are two different things. 

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Then you don't sign him. Pretty simple solution. What someone wants and what someone gets are two different things. 

I bet you he gets at least four years and I agree we shouldn't sign him.  But to even think that a team would waste their time by offering a two year deal is funny.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I bet you he gets at least four years and I agree we shouldn't sign him.  But to even think that a team would waste their time by offering a two year deal is funny.  

exactly. if someone wasted my time with a bullshit proposal, I'd be pissed.