• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Visiting LA, Need Help

Hello all.  I am a baseball fan from Chicago that will be visiting my old college roommate in LA this June 21-25.  I have a personal goal of seeing all 30 MLB stadiums and I am hoping to cross off the Angels and the Dodgers on this trip.  I’d like to see the Angels on either June 21 or 22 against the Pirates.  Not sure of my buddy’s exact address, but he said he is close to Dodger Stadium (trying to get his exact address asap).  We wont have a car.  Is there any practical way to get out to the stadium from where we are?  He has been living in LA for a year but isn’t a big sports guy so he doesn’t really know.  I am completely unfamiliar with the territory as I’ve never been to LA or California for that matter.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks guys.

His address is 816 N Hudson Ave.  So not that close to Dodger Stadium at all according to Google Maps.

I saw online the Angel Express train, but that only runs on weekdays, correct?

If I took a train would I be able to take it home as well?  It looks like its a solid 35 miles away from where my buddy lives. 

Again, I've never been to LA so talk to me as if I was a child.

Thanks again guys.

I take the train every day from OC to LA and often stop at Angels games so I am your train expert. You can take Amtrak from Union Station to Anaheim. You can get to Union Station easily using public transportation. If he lives near the Gold Line or the Red Line that is easiest. Otherwise you should be able to find a bus on the Metro LA website.

I take the train every day from OC to LA and often stop at Angels games so I am your train expert. You can take Amtrak from Union Station to Anaheim. You can get to Union Station easily using public transportation. If he lives near the Gold Line or the Red Line that is easiest. Otherwise you should be able to find a bus on the Metro LA website.

Awesome.  Now the question is will I be able to take it back after the game?  It seems like the last train leaves Anaheim at 6:45 which would be before the game starts.

The Angels Express leaves the Stadium 30 minutes after the game or 11:30 which ever is earliest.  It is a great and cheap option.  Only during weekdays though.

I saw that.  Thanks.  Unfortunately, I will be there on a Saturday or Sunday.

The Dodger game would be the easiest game for you to make. The Angel game however is a lot tougher. :) Hope you can figure something out!

Going to see the Dodgers on the following Monday.  Also going to see my favorite band, Barenaked Ladies, at the Greek Theatre in between.

$14.00
595 Pacific Surfliner

Departs: 11:09 PM

Sat Jun 22 2013

Anaheim, CA  (ANA)

Arrives: 11:55 PM

Sat Jun 22 2013

Los Angeles, CA - Union Station  (LAX)

Duration: 0 hr, 46 min
Amenities
amenities_snackcar.gif amenities_wifi.gif amenities_wcramp.gif

Hey man I really apprecaite the help.  What website did you find this on?  I'd love to putt around with it for a litte while.

Again thanks.

There's a Hudson Ave. not too far from the Metro station at Hollywood and Highland.  Go to that Metro station and take the Metro to Union Station.  It should take about 20 minutes or so on the Metro to Union Station and I don't think you have to transfer.  It's easy.  A total of two trains to the stadium from your friend's house.

At Union Station, get the train to Angel Stadium.  It's real easy.

Whatever you do, avoid having your friend drive you to Union Station.  Traffic on the 101 to downtown will ruin even the strongest of friendships.  Take the Metro.