• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why the Angels won't sign Yasmani Grandal

Second Base

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

What is crazy is the large sample size shows that Grandal is a pretty good player and since he had a poor playoff his stock is dropping it appears.  Kelly and Eovaldi were average to below average and get grossly overpaid based not he playoffs.  

Grandal fell off a cliff for the consecutive year. It wasn't just a bad playoff or two. Looks at post ASB numbers. Personally I thought he should have accepted the QO. Maybe he gets a big deal but I don't see it. 

On December 15, 2018 at 8:04 AM, Stradling said:

What is crazy is the large sample size shows that Grandal is a pretty good player and since he had a poor playoff his stock is dropping it appears.  Kelly and Eovaldi were average to below average and get grossly overpaid based not he playoffs.  

talk about a streaky player... his BA monthly splits in 2018:

April - .315

May - .181

June - .162

July - .364

Aug - .162

Sept - .254

Postseason - .138 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don’t want Cervelli unless they pick up $3-4 million of his salary.  

I would stay away from him because he is a known PEDS offender. Physical will show it I suppose but these guys are always taking new drugs that don't show on the tests.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Jon Lucroy, Tyler Flowers can be had via trade, Martin Maldonado, JT Realmuto, Francisco Cervelli, Austin Hedges, Blake Swihart, Geo Soto, Rene Rivera, Alex Avila.....lots of options..

Yes but anyone acquired by trade costs prospect capital.

Very annoyed by the Angels not landing Ramos.  2 years $19m.  That hardly seems like a hard offer to beat.  This isn't like Corbin getting a sick deal that the Angels would be dumb to outbid.

This one is a bummer.

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes but anyone acquired by trade costs prospect capital.

Very annoyed by the Angels not landing Ramos.  2 years $19m.  That hardly seems like a hard offer to beat.  This isn't like Corbin getting a sick deal that the Angels would be dumb to outbid.

This one is a bummer.

Who says they need to trade? If they want Hedges or Realmuto then yeah....but Lucroy or Maldonado, probably won't cost much. 

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Lucroy and Maldonado were TERRIBLE offensively last year and are old. We need to do better than that. Hedges would be fine 

The most important thing a catcher can do is to successfully guide a pitching staff. If they produc offensively, that's pretty good too. I trust Jon Lucroy and Martin Maldonado behind the dish. Not as much as I trust Hedges, but still competent. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

The most important thing a catcher can do is to successfully guide a pitching staff. If they produc offensively, that's pretty good too. I trust Jon Lucroy and Martin Maldonado behind the dish. Not as much as I trust Hedges, but still competent. 

Lucroy put up -0.7 WAR last year and will be 33. We have seen this movie too many times as Angels fans. 

Old players who haven’t produced on either side of the ball in recent history is not the answer