• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What about a Cozart for Gray deal?

Dtwncbad

42 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yankees want a major league player for Gray and they also happen to need need somebody who can play shortstop until Didi gets back.

Could a simple Cozart for Gray deal make sense for both teams?

I fixed your thread title as it was a bit misleading. 

Fletcher is a nice little utility player, but he's the kind of guy Angel fans typically over value.  He's "gritty" and a "fan favorite" - but those things don't make him a great prospect or enticing trade piece.  He's a good guy to have on your team - but he's not a difference maker by any means.  I love the guy and he's fun to watch - but I also think given the additions the team has made so far, he may end up back at SLC in 2019.  I'll be pleased if he turns out to be more than what I think he is, but I'm not banking on it.

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

Some may overvalue Fletcher but there are definitely some people undervaluing him in this thread.

For real, 5 years of club control for a potential 4 WAR player for 1 year of control for a 9 million dollar pitcher coming off a bad season, and the Yankees basically said it’s not working out so he won’t be a Yankee. They have no leverage.

8 minutes ago, TroutField said:

For real, 5 years of club control for a potential 4 WAR player for 1 year of control for a 9 million dollar pitcher coming off a bad season, and the Yankees basically said it’s not working out so he won’t be a Yankee. They have no leverage.

They might not have leverage, but Gray is talented enough that there are several teams who would be willing to pay more than David Fletcher to take a shot on Gray rebounding.

Fletcher's name is being taken way too literally in this thread...I only brought him up to counter Cozart. I can't see the Yankees having interest in Cozart making up the value in a Gray trade at all. Gray will still command a decent, young, MLB-ready prospect or player. 

If I was to really make a guess on what NYY would want from the Angels...I would guess something like Justin Anderson, & some depth like Luis Madero or Jesus Castillo.

I wonder if the Yanks would consider a Cozart for Gray swap if they don't get Machado.  Probably not but they (the yanks) could be waiting to see what they're gonna do at the top end of the market before they trade gray.  They could obviously use an infielder.  

I wouldn't include Fletcher.  He already has positive major league value and while he's probably got a low ceiling, he still could get better and be a solid everyday player even though it's likely he'll be a util guy or super sub.  

2 hours ago, TroutField said:

Not sure I would call him 4 WAR but he has a high reliable floor due to his defense. If he maintains average 2B offense (about 90 wRC+) he is a low end every day player or an exceptional backup, meaning he has at least 2-3 times the value of a current Sonny Gray in terms of surplus value. Fletcher is in a gray area at the moment in terms of his value so I get why some here don't value him as much as others. He still has to prove his worth despite his solid 2018 campaign.

The Yankees are asking for “high-end Major League talent” in exchange for Sonny GrayGeorge A. King III of the New York Post hears from an official on a team interested in acquiring the right-hander.  This isn’t the first time we’ve heard of the Yankees’ steep asking price for Gray, though as King notes, it may be a while before a trade emerges unless the club is willing to lower its demands.