• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justin Bour has agreed to a deal with the Angels

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, jessecrall said:

The Angels gave so many at bats last year to sub-replacement-level hitters that these kinds of depth moves (Bour, LaStella) could pay surprising dividends if they're even mediocre in 2019.

Bour is an upgrade over everyone we had at first last season. Which by itself could be worth a couple of wins. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Cost is low enough to lose him if Thaiss breaks out or Pujols miraculously plays 150 games at first (key word is miraculously). 

True, but I honestly think we will see Bour starting against righties, Pujols starting against lefties and Ohtani at DH.  

7 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

True, but I honestly think we will see Bour starting against righties, Pujols starting against lefties and Ohtani at DH.  

TheAlbertross would be an incredible waste of a roster spot in that case.

Looks like he’s going to be DFA’ed when Ohtani comes back if he doesn’t produce. Hallelujah!!!

As I see it, Cozart is the third baseman and can back up short and second. Fletcher is the second baseman. Do they carry 7 infielders/DHs and only 4 outfielders then? Do they get s fourth outfielder who can back up Cozart at third?

If the team couldn't keep Cron on the roster, I dont see how they have room for Bour.

Ward, La Stella, Fletcher and Cozart can all play 3rd.

3 of those guys will be up if everyone is healthy. One will start at third and the other two will be the starting 2B and the backup infielder for the day.

2nd is a bit dicier as there will only be 3 guys who can play 2nd and maybe only two up, at any one time, (though it could be three) but if they are both playing and Ward is the bench guy, then he plays 3rd and whomever was playing third switches. 

The problem with carrying Cron last year actually didn’t really materialize as Ohtani was basically the 13 position player and the 13th pitcher so on days he pitched or was resting, he could only pinch hit. So when he pitched and Pujols was the DH, you needed two potential 1B, Marte and Valbuena could both play 1b and 3B.

1 hour ago, wopphil said:

As I see it, Cozart is the third baseman and can back up short and second. Fletcher is the second baseman. Do they carry 7 infielders/DHs and only 4 outfielders then? Do they get s fourth outfielder who can back up Cozart at third?

If the team couldn't keep Cron on the roster, I dont see how they have room for Bour.

Bour + Rengifo > Cron  

As I've said before, new manager.   

Fletcher is actually a better 3bman than Cozart.  La Stella can also play 3b.  Ward could get a call if all goes wrong.  

Bringing in Bour not only tells me what hey think about Pujols playing even close to a full season but what they think of Thaiss being ready next year if ever.  

even in a down year, Bour had an ops of .819 vs. RHers with a .356 obp and a .274 BABIP (20 points below his career avg.)

He's and ideal platoon bat that can PH when he doesn't start.  21st highest wRC+ of the 106 qualified LHH vs RHP  platoon split over the last 4 years with 1000 ab or more.  

It's not sexy, but highly functional at 2.5m.