• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justin Bour has agreed to a deal with the Angels

rafibomb

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This picture surfaced in my Facebook memories today from about 4-5 years ago. I was on a deployment when the Marlins sent out Your, Preston Wilson, and Chris Hatcher to say hi (along with the Marlins cheerleaders, I didn't know they were a thing). Pretty cool that he signed on the anniversary of me meeting him.

FB_IMG_1544662762013.jpg

10 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I’m cautiously optimistic Pujols is going to limp out for the Cardinals series and then do the Ichiro move into the front office thing after that. Would be huge. We’ll see

Machado and Pujols have the same agent. Could be that’s what they were meeting about. 

Wouldn’t it be something if they added Machado because Pujols was retiring, and they packaged some IF prospects for a frontline arm?

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He does have very good/favorable splits for high-lev, close and late, and RISP situations. 

Not a bad deal depending on the dollars. Could be really solid, but also the type of player who can suck real fast.

He'll be 31 before the middle of the season.  He's fat, slow, plays horrible defense, and is coming off of his worst offensive season to date.  Still, sure, if he didn't cost much, who cares, give him a shot.

24 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Luis Valbuena, 3-yr before Angels: .243/.334/.442/.776, 114 OPS+, 3.9HR%, 21.7K%, 11.5BB%, 9.2XBH%

Bour last three years: .258/.352/.469/.820, 125 OPS+, 4.8HR%, 22HR%, 12.6BB%, 8.4XBH%

Ideally he doesn’t transform into Luis Valbuena (RIP). A repeat of that would be absolute mega dog shit. 

35 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

seriously makes me wonder if Albert is going to announce that 2019 will be his last season.  

i've been wondering this for a bit now, too. some of the things eppler has been saying. some of the machado/harper speculation. if the angels knew that they were getting out from under pujol's contract, now would be the time to grab your guy. after one year, it doesn't affect your payroll at all, generally speaking.