• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ausmus taking questions at Winter Meetings

T.G.

35 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Anticipates Ohtani getting AB's vs. lefties...

Thinks Skaggs can be one of the top lefties in the game...

Ball makes a different sound coming off Jo Adell's bat...

while there is often a ton of smoke, mirrors, hogshit, and hyperbole in baseball interviews, this designation seems to stay reserved for use on the truly elite.  

I've been inclined to move Skaggs if the return were significant, but him turning a corner and become a top of the rotation starter would be huge for us.  That, however, would require him to stay on the mound more often.  

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

How are we this far in and no one is panicking about Ausmus’ comments that Ohtani isn’t likely to open the season with the Halos?

Its a reasonable expectation but still figured someone would be freaking out about the Angels medical staff by now.

He said that?  

6 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

He said that?  

Yes. They weren’t anticipating him being ready for Opening Day and that they would be cautious since he’s more than just a hitter. They want to take it slowly and ensure he’s healthy on both sides of the ball come 2020.

Something like that.

I figured it would have triggered at least one “See you at the ASB!”

by now.

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

How are we this far in and no one is panicking about Ausmus’ comments that Ohtani isn’t likely to open the season with the Halos?

Its a reasonable expectation but still figured someone would be freaking out about the Angels medical staff by now.

I think we were mostly all expecting this anyways. I'll make a prediction and say early to mid May. I'm sure Lou will find this when I'm super wrong.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The Homer sapiens were hoping it would go unnoticed in the undergrowth on the forest floor.

Way to beat the bushes, dude!!

Right now, Epps is pulling Ausmus aside and reminding him of how costly it can be to violate the old adage............."What goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas, Brad!!"

20 minutes ago, totdprods said:

15 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

He said that?  

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yes. They weren’t anticipating him being ready for Opening Day and that they would be cautious since he’s more than just a hitter. They want to take it slowly and ensure he’s healthy on both sides of the ball come 2020.

Something like that.

by now.

Jesus ******* Christ does no one read the damn Primers? FFS.

Even Fletcher reported this a couple of months ago. It was never promised.

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Something like that.

by now.

That just seems strange because from all accounts, his recovery is going really good.  Sure seemed like he would be ready by Opening Day.