• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best way to improve team

Buttercup

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

If the Angels threw a 12/420 extension at him right now I don’t know how he could say no to that. 

After Machado and Harper sign, that’s when you can start keeping an eye on Trout. 

I assume they’ll offer him more than those guys. They’ll convince him they have a plan to be long-term winners (build the farm system). They’ll remind him how well he’s treated, how he’s beloved, etc. And he’ll take it. 

One thing you have to remember about all this “I want to win” stuff you hear Trout say: What’s he supposed to say? “I just want the most money.” No one says that. 

If he’s paid fairly, likes the people he’s going to be around, and feels likes he’s got as good a chance as anywhere else to win, why wouldn’t he stay?

12 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think there’s about 70 percent chance Trout signs an extension between now and February 2020.

At those odds you can’t trade him. Coming from you Mr. Fletcher, that makes me sleep better. 

I’ll yield from signing a big two and suggest signing two starters and trading Skaggs. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

After Machado and Harper sign, that’s when you can start keeping an eye on Trout. 

I assume they’ll offer him more than those guys. They’ll convince him they have a plan to be long-term winners (build the farm system). They’ll remind him how well he’s treated, how he’s beloved, etc. And he’ll take it. 

One thing you have to remember about all this “I want to win” stuff you hear Trout say: What’s he supposed to say? “I just want the most money.” No one says that. 

If he’s paid fairly, likes the people he’s going to be around, and feels likes he’s got as good a chance as anywhere else to win, why wouldn’t he stay?

I married a Jersey Girl. I’ve been under a lot of pressure to move...

I guess I just see it as Trout has made a lot of money and is essentially guaranteed to make ludicrous money and get to choose where he wants to pay his taxes . I see only two reasons he absolutely stays.

1. He gets offered the largest contract in sports history and likes it here. 

2. He gets offered the largest contract in sports history and is afraid of injury. 

Im not yet convinced he likes it that much here. I left SoCal because I found I liked NorCal better. And I was offered less money 

19 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It would amazing to put the “Trade Trout” dialogue to rest. 

1 minute ago, Buttercup said:

I guess I just see it as Trout has made a lot of money and is essentially guaranteed to make ludicrous money and get to choose where he wants to pay his taxes . I see only two reasons he absolutely stays.

2. He gets offered the largest contract in sports history and is afraid of injury. 

Im not yet convinced he likes it that much here. I left SoCal because I found I liked NorCal better. And I was offered less money 

I’m sure Trout will ask for your opinion when he chooses where to live. 

13 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I’m sure Trout will ask for your opinion when he chooses where to live. 

I’m not saying he would. I’m saying not everyone loves it in Southern California. 

I did a phone interview with Trout once. I totally froze. He definitely doesn’t want my opinion. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think there’s about 70 percent chance Trout signs an extension between now and February 2020.

This makes the very big assumption that Trout even wants to play on the West Coast, in the twilight of his career. How do you know that?

If he doesnt want to play anywhere but on the East Coast, then there is zero chance he signs an extension.

He's gonna get more money than he could even need, no matter where he goes.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

This makes the very big assumption that Trout even wants to play on the West Coast, in the twilight of his career. How do you know that?

If he doesnt want to play anywhere but on the East Coast, then there is zero chance he signs an extension.

There are basically two guys on here who would have any real knowledge or real insight into whether Trout likes it here or not.  They’ve both said, one publicly, one privately they feel he’s staying. 

16 hours ago, Hubs said:

The answer is that only some of the prospects we like are going to be solid players. If I had to guess who will have Multiple all-star seasons in the Angels top 10 prospects I would say Adell, Jones, Rodriguez. I hope that Ward will be part of that core. I don’t see Marsh, Hermosillo, Thaiss, Rengifo, Canning, etc being great players. They might be good players like Calhoun or say Howie Kendrick, but not multiple all star type players.

Not suggesting you meant that as a negative. But if we get 5 howie of calhouns, that will be a huge boost.

For perspective, kole is like the last guy this team produced....fletcher i guess might be next?

Before that is trout, trumbo, bourjos, etc....thats how long its been since we developed our own players.

Also, you forgot to mention baldoquin in your multiple all star list.

12 hours ago, Buttercup said:

I can say that trout likes it here. And i can say the people who surround him after work like it here.

That wont necessarily make him stay. Nor will he not like it anywhere else. But hes very happy here...

Lost in all the "he wants to play back home" bullsh*t is the part where at the end of the day, hes a private guy. The part where going home, and every day hes getting 500 phone calls for seats, to get a beer, come say hi to somebody's 2cd grade class, etc etc isnt something hes in a rush to get into.

4 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

And again, where are you getting any info that he wants to play out east? You keep pumping this narrative, and it isnt true.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not suggesting you meant that as a negative. But if we get 5 howie of calhouns, that will be a huge boost.

For perspective, kole is like the last guy this team produced....fletcher i guess might be next?

Before that is trout, trumbo, bourjos, etc....thats how long its been since we developed our own players.

Also, you forgot to mention baldoquin in your multiple all star list.

I didn't mean it as a negative, I hope for Howie in his last 3 years here, as opposed to Calhoun. Multiple 5+ WAR seasons. That's a great outcome.

But yeah, I think I'm going to look at the WAR this farm system produced, the last elite one is arguably Segura, who started his career here, but was ultimately traded. And we're better off with SImmons, but we'd have been even better off with Simmons at SS and Segura at 2nd (or 3rd).

Kole is the last guy to have a solid season. CJ Cron was okay. Trumbo was okay. Bourjos had one good year.

Thaiss equaling what we got from Trumbo would be great

HAHAHA...Baldoquin...awesome. He's a Mariner by December of 2019. I'm calling it now.

Marsh is the other guy that I think will have good years, I just don't think he does it in an Angels Uniform. Everyone else we have rated highly is either going to be between above average and below average. Now please note, I don't really watch prospects below High A. Unless they are top draft picks or international signings, so I have no idea what the Angels have at Burlington, Orem or Rookie Ball.