• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lee Smith and Harold Baines get the hall call

red321

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Harold Baines?  

yikes.  

It's really become all about who your buddies are and if they are on a committee ...   Bobby Grich ranks 8th all time in WAR at 2B, Baines ranks 74th among RFers....

Baines is a HOFer...  Grich is not....

Attica! Attica!

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's really become all about who your buddies are and if they are on a committee ...   Bobby Grich ranks 8th all time in WAR at 2B, Baines ranks 74th among RFers....

Baines is a HOFer...  Grich is not....

Attica! Attica!

At first I thought it was Harrold Reynolds they voted in and I was thinking WTF?

I'm with you on Grich being passed over. Maybe one day he will get the same respect Blyleven finally got when the voters actually looked closer at what they did independent of team performance.

Baines getting in is a big ol' LOL.  Dude never finished higher than 9th in MVP voting (and only got votes in 4 seasons), was only an All-Star 6 times in 22 seasons, and only led the league in one major offensive category (slg % in 1984--and his mark was the lowest league-leading total since 1976 (and no one has led the league with a lower slg % since).  Just a baffling decision.

Edgar Martinez is likely in, as he had way better numbers than Baines.

There are no doubt some undeserving players in the Hall, but I don't like that the veteran committee is now just 16 people. And that you just have to get 12.

I have nothing against Harold Baines but if you cant play in the field, you are an incomplete player.  If you get into the HOF with no defensive ability, you are getting there with your bat only, then maybe your offensive numbers should be considerably higher and meet a HIGHER standard.

Baines' offensive numbers if he played everyday in the OF would be borderline.

So it is EASIER to get in as a DH??

Not against a DH getting in but without any value at all on the field, the offensive numbers can't be borderline.

Lifetime 38 WAR? That is Ray Langford/Mark Gubicza/Magglio Ordonez territory.