• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoughts?

stormngt

4 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

If the Angels move out of SoCal, that eliminates at least part of the incentive for Trout to hang around. Let's face it, the team changed quite a bit over the last seven years. Loyalty to teammates won't be enough reason to stick around. If they leave, you lose a couple of plusses: Nice weather; chill fans - loyal fans you've been playing in front for the last seven years. I don't think those things are remotely deal-breakers, but I think the idea of playing in front of the same fans in SoCal isn't nothing to him.

Not saying he stays or leaves in either case, just pointing out that moving would potentially give him less reason to stay.  

Your right....Vegas weather sucks!  That's why millions visit the city every year.

Personally I think the Angel's stay in Anaheim but some of the comments about the lack of viability of Vegas is really funny.

13 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Your right....Vegas weather sucks!  That's why millions visit the city every year.

Personally I think the Angel's stay in Anaheim but some of the comments about the lack of viability of Vegas is really funny.

It isn't SoCal. That's reality. I'm sorry if you were offended. People don't go to Vegas for the weather, they go for the entertainment and gambling. It may not be Texas, but it isn't Orange County. Only team where Trout could improve on that would be maybe San Diego. 

Of course, being a weather geek, Trout might like playing near more extreme weather. Either way, being (apparently) a fairly chill, small-town kinda guy, I don't see him having interest in playing in Vegas, and my point stands: The Angels lose re-signing negotiation points if they move. 

8 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

It isn't SoCal. That's reality. I'm sorry if you were offended. People don't go to Vegas for the weather, they go for the entertainment and gambling. It may not be Texas, but it isn't Orange County. Only team where Trout could improve on that would be maybe San Diego. 

Of course, being a weather geek, Trout might like playing near more extreme weather. Either way, being (apparently) a fairly chill, small-town kinda guy, I don't see him having interest in playing in Vegas, and my point stands: The Angels lose re-signing negotiation points if they move. 

Outside of three months Vegas weather is very similar to orange county.  And there are some things as retractable roofs.  

I would like to keep Angels baseball here in Orange County, but what are the realistic locations? The Great Park space(old marine base) would be a good spot but last I checked a deal fell through. There seems to be a lot of other projects going on there. The current digs with development of surrounding land and a refurnished(or new) Big A seems most likely if Angels stay in OC. They put in new lights there so what are the odds they did that only to leave? Ohtani is really marketable around here and with Disneyland near by it could be beneficial for marketing and tourism. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

nobody, and I mean nobody, visits Vegas for the weather. 

I wasnt arguing that!  The original poster I was responding to said moving to Vegas (something I am certain will not happen) would lead to Trout having "one less reason to stay " because of the weather. 

Outside of the summer months the weather in Vegas is fairly equivalent to orange county.  That is my point!  

30 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I wasnt arguing that!  The original poster I was responding to said moving to Vegas (something I am certain will not happen) would lead to Trout having "one less reason to stay " because of the weather. 

Outside of the summer months the weather in Vegas is fairly equivalent to orange county.  That is my point!  

Someone is touchy. ?

The Summer months? You mean, when they’d be playing baseball? As opposed to the rest of the year when Trout wouldn’t be living there? Thank you for proving my point. ?

15 hours ago, Lou said:

that's when baseball is played 

Retractable roofs with air conditioning.....plus the summers in Las Vegas are a lot more pleasant than summers in Dallas, Houston, and Florida.

It's irrelevant because I dont see it happening with the Angels.   

15 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Someone is touchy. ?

The Summer months? You mean, when they’d be playing baseball? As opposed to the rest of the year when Trout wouldn’t be living there? Thank you for proving my point. ?

Air conditioning is a great invention.......

And before you say they play outside... not necessarily....ever hear of retractable roofs 

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Fair point.

The millionaires who play basketball make their summer homes here.

Air conditioning is great.

They have the summer league there, but that's mostly first and second-year players who are there for the league. LA is the offseason training center for a large plurality of NBA players. LeBron, Carmello, Chris Paul, Kevin Love, Russell Westrook, and Klay Thompson are just some of the names of guys who live in LA during the offseason. They work out at Pauly Pavilion all summer. I'm sure @Lou can tell you all about that.

Once again, I don't think Vegas is an unreasonable market, but it will be an expansion team or a team from a market like Tampa Bay or a market much smaller than Southern California moving there.