• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Alvarez to Philly

kingsosha

1 minute ago, floplag said:

i absolutely think thats the case.  There are teams in baseball that could function without a manager right now, just a screen in the dugout showing the odds and someone to make the moves like a gopher in a stock room. 

All i'm going to say is trading Trout with two years of control left is way more valuable than one. If the Angels have no intentions on trading him then they need to step up. If I were them, I'd pay the tax while eating Pujols' contract. Show Trout what he's worth. 

Garcia’s peripherals look better than his results every other year. That said, I’m not sure why you trade a steady left handed for an older, inconsistent righty whose best results and expected results aren’t really better than the guy you’re trading away: Garcia isn’t cheaper, so the only thing I can figure is that either they feel they need a right handed more, or they think Alvarez is about to implode, or they think Garcia is better than his FIP and xFIP suggest. 

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

All i'm going to say is trading Trout with two years of control left is way more valuable than one. If the Angels have no intentions on trading him then they need to step up. If I were them, I'd pay the tax while eating Pujols' contract. Show Trout what he's worth. 

i agree, build around him or sell high, anything else is foolish.  i think well see which direction the team is going here soon enough

31 minutes ago, floplag said:

All these garbage moves are either the making of a genius off seasons, or an utter clusterfuck. 
This trade makes literally zero sense to me in and of itself, got older, lost our best LH reliever, for a guy with far worse numbers.  All to what, turn him into a SP perhaps?  
There MUST be something else going on, right?  Please someone tell me theres something else going on.  lie to me if you have to.  

Isn't it obvious.................WE'RE FINALLY TANKING !!!!!!!!

Eppler sees the genius of his predecessor, Dipoto!!!!

Just now, WeatherWonk said:

Isn't it obvious.................WE'RE FINALLY TANKING !!!!!!!!

Or Eppler is about to pull a giant jack in the box and jump our and yell psyche and go ham with Artes checkbook.  
Has there ever been a team go thru a rebuild with one of the top TV deals in place?  just wondering :)  

Might be time we create "Go big or go home" posters and stand in front of the Angels' front office so Eppler and Moreno get the message. Forbes estimates we revenue over $330million per season. That's before we got Ohtani who is now marketing us in Japan. if we work a few trades to clear a little more salary room we can afford Harper and a Yusei Kikuchi and a lower end starter and still have money left over. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Or Eppler is about to pull a giant jack in the box and jump our and yell psyche and go ham with Artes checkbook.  
Has there ever been a team go thru a rebuild with one of the top TV deals in place?  just wondering :)  

I do like Eppler as a GM and I do think he has something up his sleeve. I also believe that Moreno likes to break bank himself and spend. Yes, Harper is expensive and has stats like a wave going up and down. But, if Eppler really is about his metrics then he'd love that fact that Harper is always on base despite periodic slumps. (more walks than Trout in 2018). That's someone to FINALLY be on base for Trout and Ohtani. 

Well the Angel fans are waiting for them to do something special, and every year is the same crap. Why are they getting all this crap. I don't know who was behind getting Albert Pujols to that stupid contract. If it was Moreno he only has himself to blame. The fans have supported the team every year but soon we will get tired of his crap. Moreno needs to open his wallet and spend and in a few years Pujols contract will be up as a player. I hope something good is coming out of all this crap and they are getting some players.

I'm going to be the contrarian.  I love this trade for the Angels.  Eppler is looking past outdated metrics like ERA and focusing on luck-independent measurements like FIP.

It's forward-looking and, frankly, ballsy.  This isn't a GM making timid moves with an eye toward not getting fired.  He has an approach and he's trusting it.  This is the move of a confident GM.

And it means we're DEFINITELY in the market for a top-tier righty closer.  This move makes it more likely that we'll aggressively pursue Kimbrel or Familia.

Eppler is trolling this board.

mlbtraderumors pegged us...

Angels fans will surely bristle at the notion of acquiring a reliever whose ERA checked in north of 6.00, of course, but Major League front offices have generally moved away from evaluating players based solely on that rudimentary mark

This was probably the right time to cash the Alvarez chip. He’s  been good but he doesn’t seem to have the stuff for consistent success in one place although I could see him going the Jesse Orosco route and shuffling team to team and league to league for quite awhile. 

Just now, Stradling said:

You must be pumped

He drove me crazy, but last year he was pretty solid so I was quiet. He just always seemed to struggle in those games we were only down a run. Pretty sure he blew the only game I’ve been able to get down to in the last couple years too