• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Here's your chance...

T.G.

I'd apply myself, but I don't think I'd be able to afford my 3 Porsches on a scout's salary.

Plus I wouldn't know the difference between a two seam or four seam fastball if it hit me between the eyes - which they probably would as my reflexes aren't what they once were.  Plus, I don't like sitting in the sun for prolong periods of time. 

Careful what you wish for.  Some people who love baseball end up in baseball getting paid and then they have an epiphany. . .

That making your fun hobby your job can absolutely remove what you like about your fun hobby in the first place.

I knew a guy that found himself sitting in the press box for Angel games getting paid and looked down at some guys having fun in box seats with some beer and their girlfriends, and wholly realized he didn't want to be in the press box working.  He wanted to be in the stands as a fan.  He quit and never looked back, other than to tell this story where it fits.

Every scout I've talked to said they aren't fixed at this job.  If someone offers more money, or a family or lifestyle change comes up, they have no qualms about leaving the field.  Why?  30k a year for long hours and very little time at home.  It's not a rewarding job at all.  But they're all very close with other scouts because they're all going through the same things. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Careful what you wish for.  Some people who love baseball end up in baseball getting paid and then they have an epiphany. . .

That making your fun hobby your job can absolutely remove what you like about your fun hobby in the first place.

I knew a guy that found himself sitting in the press box for Angel games getting paid and looked down at some guys having fun in box seats with some beer and their girlfriends, and wholly realized he didn't want to be in the press box working.  He wanted to be in the stands as a fan.  He quit and never looked back, other than to tell this story where it fits.

did you at least give them 2 weeks notice?

2 hours ago, Lou said:

did you at least give them 2 weeks notice?

"My friend" had about six or seven different gigs going from different employers all in sports media. . .it took a little time to cycle out of all of it.

Baseball games are better in good seats with beer in hand, friends and family around, and the freedom to enjoy the game as you please.