• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eovaldi signs with Red Sox

Dtwncbad

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

He is staying with the team that he helped pitch to a WS title.   Makes perfect sense, especially being given 4 years/$68 million to do it.

Yep -- that's the team that could most absorb the risk -- he's already helped them win a WS, they have already seen him at his best and already seen the payoff.

We can all sit back and conclude that all of these contracts are overpays.

And MAYBE that ends up true and they all end up disasters.  They key word is maybe.

But I know that it is NOT A MAYBE that if you pass on all the players, you don't get any players.

And the Angels need players.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

His resume doesn't warrant that contract. 

He and Richards are both more about their untapped potential than their resumes..... the scary part about this is that they could both end up being modern day Darren Dreifforts.  Eovaldi's two TJ surgeries are scary but if you had to bank on just pure stuff he was the best pitcher available this year.    He finally found a pitch mix that brought out his best -- we will see how it all works out.

As much as I wanted him (I was on the sign him when he was broken wagon), the Angels had to break away from the cycle of hoping a pitcher was finally healthy -- he was too much risk at a time when the Angels can't really afford it.

This is me fanboy-ing BTW...

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

figured he was in line for 4/60 even though I was hoping he'd only get 3 yrs.  

I don't feel like this one is as much out of line as the Corbin deal.  that one still shocks me.  

Yep, I had the starting point at Cobb's 4/58 last year.   He fell where I was expecting him fall.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He and Richards are both more about their untapped potential than their resumes..... the scary part about this is that they could both end up being modern day Darren Dreifforts.  Eovaldi's two TJ surgeries are scary but if you had to bank on just pure stuff he was the best pitcher available this year.    He finally found a pitch mix that brought out his best -- we will see how it all works out.

As much as I wanted him (I was on the sign him when he was broken wagon), the Angels had to break away from the cycle of hoping a pitcher was finally healthy -- he was too much risk at a time when the Angels can't really afford it.

This is me fanboy-ing BTW...

it makes sense that we wouldn't go after him consider that Eppler said he'll be focused on guys that are durable.  

6 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

That we would sit on our hands until all the pitching is gone, and then bring in retreads?

A two time TJ surgery recipient, thrice traded, once released, pitcher is pretty much the epitome of a retread.  This one will cost 17 mil a year for the next four years.