• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cards get Goldschmidt

Dtwncbad

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

So yesterday after the Corbin deal, I was thinking the free agent class is getting overpaid.  Best to avoid that and just explore the trade market.  And now that I see the cost for one season of Paul Goldschmidt, I'm thinking the trade market is also now too expensive.  

Seriously, just keep developing as many prospects as possible.  That's the only way a team can become competitive and limit their spending.  Thankfully we have Stoneman and Eppler.  They'll hold onto them. 

I was thinking the same thing.  And I think it's also why Eppler hasn't been hugely active as of yet.  There are a decent amount of useful players out there and every team has finite resources.  When there are guys getting big money at the top end and teams spending early on big trades, it's going to leave that many others without homes as the dust starts to settle.  

I had hoped all along that Eppler would slow play this off season as we've got considerable hole to fill and if waiting also affords us the ability to grab a guy like Wilson Ramos on top of a couple starters and pen guys, then Eppler can take all the time he needs.  

44 minutes ago, NeverOver said:

Jose Martinez might be available now. He could solve 1B for us. 

Terrible defender, but if he can split time between 1B, DH and RF, he would go a long way in solving some serious lineup definiciencies plaguing the Angels. And hopefully he could be acquired at a lower price given the Cards plethora of alternatives and his limited market, but at this point you never know. Prices are through the roof.