• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which team is more disappointing? Angels or Dodgers

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which team is more disappointing

• Angels
    • Dodgers

Angels have a slightly worse record at 17-27 and the second worst in the AL with over 127 million dollar payroll.

Dodgers have a 17-25 record and tied for the second worst in the NL and also possesses the highest payroll in the major league with over 220 million dollars.

Angels have a slightly worse record at 17-27 and the second worst in the AL with over 127 million dollar payroll.

Dodgers have a 17-25 record and tied for the second worst in the NL and also possesses the highest payroll in the major league with over 220 million dollars.

Angels. Not even remotely close.

Angels have far more future dollars committed to plays in the late 30's than the Dodgres do (Dodgers don't have any money committed to players only than 35 y/o IIRC), and came into this season with a much shorter window to win of about 3 more years before the Hamilton / Pujols millstones start to sink the team.

Dodgers also have a lot more revenue to be able to keep spending their way out of a jam I'm afraid the Angels are stuck with the team they have.  

Angels have far more future dollars committed to plays in the late 30's than the Dodgres do (Dodgers don't have any money committed to players only than 35 y/o IIRC), and came into this season with a much shorter window to win of about 3 more years before the Hamilton / Pujols millstones start to sink the team.

Dodgers also have a lot more revenue to be able to keep spending their way out of a jam I'm afraid the Angels are stuck with the team they have.  

They may be younger but Kemp and Ethier is underperforming as much as Pujols and Hamilton.

They may be younger but Kemp and Ethier is underperforming as much as Pujols and Hamilton.

While true, I'd wager a young player is a lot more likely to make a comeback later this year or even in future years compared to  Pujols/Hamilton. 

I don't think Dodgers have much flexibility in future payrolls.

Kemp is signed for 6 more years, Ethier is signed for 4 more years, Crawford is signed for 4 more years, Adrian Gonzalez for 5 more years, Greinke for 5 more years, and they will have to give $200+ for Kershaw.

Dodgers in a landslide. 

With that sick payroll, they have NO EXCUSE to be where they're at. 

Especially when they have a true #1.

But, like the Angels, the Dodgers too have had their fair share of injuries. 

I don't think Dodgers have much flexibility in future payrolls.

Kemp is signed for 6 more years, Ethier is signed for 4 more years, Crawford is signed for 4 more years, Adrian Gonzalez for 5 more years, Greinke for 5 more years, and they will have to give $200+ for Kershaw.

My guess is they extend Kershaw after the 2014 season, then dump one of their least productive contract in a Vernon-Wells style trade with payments structured to help them get under the luxury tax cutoff in 2015 (when most of the contract from the Boston trade go off the books) to reset the penalty rates.

Fact is though they have significantly higher revenues and likely greater willingness than the Angels to live over the luxury tax for a period of time. 

i think the dodgers just because they had a more solid team coming in. they had offence and pitching, and there didn't seem to be any way they could screw it up. at least with the angels, we knew that there was a chance the ship would go down with our pitching.

Dodgers in a landslide. 

I am not sure how they can be that bad having Kershaw go every 5 games.

He's having 4th best season by a pitcher ever so far if he can keep it up.

Dodgers in a landslide. 

Chuck, we have NO EXCUSE to be where we are at. We also have a sick payroll compared to some of the teams that are kicking our ASS.

There was a lot of criticism when the Dodgers made the deal with the Red Sox. Crawford and Beckett were huge question marks. When the Angels signed Pujols and then Hamilton, nobody predicted they would be this bad. Angels have been a larger disappointment. But there is no winner in this poll.

???

Gonzalez. Crawford. Kemp. Ethier....none of them are spring chickens. Hamilton is maybe 2 years older than each of those guys. Pujols is the only 'old man' we have here. Grienke and cj are about the same age.

I like agon a lot, but do you think he's worth the contract he signes, with becket and crawfords money thrown in to get him? Not to mention they haven't locked up kershaw yet (which they will). At that point you're looking at a potential 250 million dollar payroll....for a team that most should have known wasn't very good.

I envy their pitching. But their offense is basically the same core that was a ket down in boston, added to a downsloping ethier and a one monster year/5 average to good years kemp. And that offense, sans ramirez, is locked in for another 5 years.

They will be very old in about 2-3 years. And whatever money they have above us, they will use towards eating contracts to aquire new pieces.

I think you're being over emotional because our team sucks. But the dodgers are in the same spot (for almpst 100 million more).

Angels are the bigger disappointment for me as an Angels fan, but I feel Dodgers are the bigger disappointment for all of baseball. This whole new blue is playing like the same old crap of the McCourt era. I'm sure the investors are thrilled with their product. 

The real question is which one of these teams will somewhat salvage their season? 

What happened to A-Gon's power? I remember him hitting 40 a year while playing in Petco. Seems like his power disappeared.

That's true. At least he has 4 HR's, he's hitting for a high average and has a good OBP (.331/.387/.481/.868). Kemp only has 1 HR and he's only hitting .266/.312/..335/.648.

Dodgers in a landslide. 

I can't argue with any of that. The Dodgers took on a ton of payroll in the trade with Boston, and they added more with the Greinke signing. On paper, at least, their rotation should be much better than ours, as should their bullpen. They are getting no more bang for a lot more bucks. While I agree that the Pujols contract in particular does not bode well for the future, the Dodgers obviously looked to increase the gap between them and their neighbors to the south with all the additions. The results have been about the same.

Hard to say whose more disappointing. Dodgers have gotten absolutely nothing from Kemp and Ethier like the Hamilton and Pujols. Injuries have hit both teams so there are some similar aspects. Obviously, their humungous payroll makes it a little easier to vote for them.