• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Nats get Corbin - 6/$140m

Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

Corbin got married in the off-season, and supposedly his best man brother, pulled out a Yankees Cap and said it's going to be good to have you pitching close to home again.

He's from New York, so I don't see the Yankees losing out on him.

And the Phillies can talk all they want, but I doubt they get Machado to agree to play 3rd, Harper to play RF, Corbin to go with Arrieta and Nola and then are players for Trout in two years.

1. Yankees

2. Phillies

No one else has a shot.

Hahaha, I guess I should admit when I'm wrong. 6/140 is ridiculous money.

And now I will make my prediction, that will also be wrong, that the Angels will not trade for Greinke and also not trade for JT Realmuto and not sign Andrew McCutchen on a one year deal.

Pat Corbin is a good pitcher.  No doubt about that.  

Looks like this year's free agent market is going to involve a lot of money being thrown around.  Maybe Angels should be looking toward the trade market for lower cost alternatives.  Or perhaps gambling on Pomeranz type of arms. 

At this rate, you're probably looking at Dallas Keuchel getting 4/90 (insanity!) or Nate Eovaldi getting 4/80. 

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Pat Corbin is a good pitcher.  No doubt about that.  

Looks like this year's free agent market is going to involve a lot of money being thrown around.  Maybe Angels should be looking toward the trade market for lower cost alternatives.  Or perhaps gambling on Pomeranz type of arms. 

At this rate, you're probably looking at Dallas Keuchel getting 4/90 (insanity!) or Nate Eovaldi getting 4/80. 

More reason to expect the Angels to turn to the trade market for an upper-end SP, and given Eppler’s disinterest in dealing prospects, makes me think Greinke is near the top of the list.

I read that Eppler wanted durable pitching. Patrick Corbin already had a Tommy John surgery in his career, and after witnessing the pitching injuries this season we didn’t need to sign a guy that had that issue in the past for the stupid money the Nats gave him. Too bad Ohtani had the same injury but at least he is younger and can still contribute offensively at the plate. With luck hopefully Ohtani can recover faster.

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

More reason to expect the Angels to turn to the trade market for an upper-end SP, and given Eppler’s disinterest in dealing prospects, makes me think Greinke is near the top of the list.

Greinke feels like the sort he would target but you never know.  Here's an outside the box target, Yu Darvish.  The Cubs might look at going in a different direction, and this is probably the lowest they could buy him at, if Darvish were interested. 

13 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Greinke feels like the sort he would target but you never know.  Here's an outside the box target, Yu Darvish.  The Cubs might look at going in a different direction, and this is probably the lowest they could buy him at, if Darvish were interested. 

I wondered about him, or Quintana + Zobrist to help clear their payroll.

17 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Most experts thought he was a lock for the Yankees using the "tired" argument that he grew up a Yankee fan, etc.

He clearly went to the highest bidder.

No going "home" once again!

well when one deal is a year less and 20-30 M it isnt exactly an apples to apples discussion but dont let that derail a quality rant

15 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

What a ridiculous contract. The odds of him living up to that are horrendous

I guess but aren't most free agent contracts somewhat "ridiculous"?

The fact is the teams have the money.

So I don't care what they make.  I just want good players.