• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Angels acquire....

Chuck

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

When you've made 3+ million dollars in the last 6 years, not counting whatever smaller endorsement deals he might have, you can get your identity from whatever you want.  Even if he retired right now, if he's smart with his money and doesn't live lavishly, he'd never have to work again.

That's a lot of time to figure out that whole identity thing, though it sounds like he's figured that out already. 

lol at this guy having endorsement deals 

It makes me think they are pursuing a Catcher who can also play some 1st. Or that Fletcher or Renfigo is going to be dealt.

Jones also opened some eyes in the AFL, but realistically, he won't be ready to start until 2021? Maybe he gets called up in 2019 or 2020, but I doubt it.

La Stella is a lefty bat off the bench who can play 2nd and 3rd. They won't have room for he, Ward, Fletcher, and Cozart in addition to Simmons and Pujols. That would be your 6 infielders, and only Pujols plays 1st, though actually the other 5 would all be able to play the other three positions.

7 minutes ago, Hubs said:

It makes me think they are pursuing a Catcher who can also play some 1st. Or that Fletcher or Renfigo is going to be dealt.

Jones also opened some eyes in the AFL, but realistically, he won't be ready to start until 2021? Maybe he gets called up in 2019 or 2020, but I doubt it.

La Stella is a lefty bat off the bench who can play 2nd and 3rd. They won't have room for he, Ward, Fletcher, and Cozart in addition to Simmons and Pujols. That would be your 6 infielders, and only Pujols plays 1st, though actually the other 5 would all be able to play the other three positions.

Or they find a corner outfielder who can play 1B, and they use Calhoun or even Fletcher as the back-up CF. 

3 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Why Fletcher and not Ward? It's an open competition, I'd wager.

Because Fletcher played plus defense at two positions last season while Ward was merely average (and projects to be average) at 3B. I agree that it's not settled and Ward probably has a better projected bat but Fletcher held his own at the plate immediately.

3 minutes ago, jessecrall said:

Because Fletcher played plus defense at two positions last season while Ward was merely average (and projects to be average) at 3B. I agree that it's not settled and Ward probably has a better projected bat but Fletcher held his own at the plate immediately.

Fletcher was better with the bat to start with and then did subpar. He slumped with more playing time, but everyone will think he's a .300 hitter because they saw him kick butt at first. He's legitimately a .700 OPS guy in the minors, never showing much until his age 24 season at SLC in 58 games. I like him, but he's a lot closer to Kaleb Cowart or Cliff Pennington for a regular gig.

Ward obviously didn't hit and isn't a plus defender at 3rd yet, but reminds me more of a guy who can turn into a Justin Turner or a Max Muncy type with the bat.