• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Angels acquire....

Chuck

Thomas Fredrickson La Stella (born January 31, 1989) is an American second baseman for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball (MLB). He made his MLB debut with the Atlanta Braves in 2014, and was traded to the Cubs before the 2015 season.

Must be big news if it was updated on Wikipedia within an hour. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

The bright side is that there’s decent chance he’s better then Blash, Valbuena, and Marte.  

A low bar to clear for sure.  But hey Joe Maddon says he can fall out of bed and hit.  That’s gotta count for something ! 

I am disturbed that Madden is aware of falling out of bed.

8 minutes ago, floplag said:

Actually that about sums up my general opinion of the club right now pretty well, i am extremely down on what im seeing.   I guess thats not allowed?   lol 

Dude it’s November.  He seems like he basically a league average left handed bat.  Something that would have been useful for the last several years.  A wait and see approach with this guy is smart.  He may be decent. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Better than what we had before, though I do wonder if this changes Fletcher's immediate future with the big league club.  I don't feel like Ls Stella or Fletcher should be the starting 2B. 

Maybe some team needs Fletcher to be included in a deal so we went ahead and signed a utility infielder to back up Cozart, Rengifo, Simmons, etc. 

La Stella is a good pinch hitter from the left side and can play all over the infield diamond. He's not going to suck offensively like Cowart either. 

16 minutes ago, floplag said:

Actually that about sums up my general opinion of the club right now pretty well, i am extremely down on what im seeing.   I guess thats not allowed?   lol 

Sure it is allowed, I didn’t say you can’t say that, I don’t even have the power to tell you not to say that.  It would simply carry a lot more weight if other teams were making moves that mattered while the Angels were not.  We upgraded our roster today, you may not see it, but it is exactly what happened.  We replaced Blash, who is awful, with a guy with good on base skills.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Maybe some team needs Fletcher to be included in a deal so we went ahead and signed a utility infielder to back up Cozart, Rengifo, Simmons, etc. 

La Stella is a good pinch hitter from the left side and can play all over the infield diamond. He's not going to suck offensively like Cowart either. 

We sure do have a lot of "utility infielders" on the roster.  Cozart, Fletcher, Cowart, Rengifo, LaStella.....