• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Drew Pomeranz?

totdprods

Seems like he may be a great under-the-radar player to watch. He seems like he could give you the same expectations of Nathan Eovaldi without any of the huge contracts. 

In 2017, he went 17-6 with a 3.32 ERA in 173 innings for the Red Sox...
In 2018, he suffered some injuries at the beginning a flexor strain and biceps tendonitis, moved to the pen, and had an awful year. 

The forearm injuries are obviously concerning, but he's had a very productive career, and has been pretty reliable. You'd hope he sticks as a starter, but he's had ample experience in the pen, so utilizing him as a multi-innings guy mid-game or a high-leverage arm late in game make sense too. MLB Trade Rumors is predicting a 1/$6m deal.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Has he had Tommy John? He sounds like another TJ waiting to happen.

48 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

flexor and UCL strains are precursor to TJ.

Right, as I noted, he comes with some ominous indicators - still, is it worth a ~$6m gamble?

I wouldn’t want him pencilled in as our #4 or anything, but if was the last add to the staff bumping Pena and/or Shoemaker to AAA as SP depth, I think he’d certainly be well worth the risk.

Who knows, maybe he’ll reverse our TJ jinx.