• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Athletics identify waterfront location for modern new ballpark

2 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Watch a Portland Timbers game (yes, soccer, I know) or a Blazers game or even a Ducks game and tell me Portland wouldn’t be a terrific place and fill with fans

The State of Oregon has as many people as San Diego County. Are you going to find a minimum 35,000 people to fill a $1 billion-plus stadium 81 times per season? Especially if your geographical base is cut off at the Columbia River on the north and the wild prairies east of the Cascades?

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

The State of Oregon has as many people as San Diego County. Are you going to find a minimum 35,000 people to fill a $1 billion-plus stadium 81 times per season? Especially if your geographical base is cut off at the Columbia River on the north and the wild prairies east of the Cascades?

Portland's growth surged from 2013 to 2014, the Census Bureau said Wednesday, with the seven-county metropolitan area's population rising to an estimated 2.35 million. Portland's growth was 15th-fastest among the country's 50 largest metro areas.Mar 26, 2015

It's estimated that Oregon's population has reached 4.20 million in 2018, up from 3.83 million at the 2010 Census.Sep 17, 2018

Depends on who you believe.
Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

The Seattle metropolitan area area has more than 3.5 million inhabitants, making it the 15th largest metro area in the country. The population of Seattle is estimated at 659,000. Seattle has grown from just 1,150 people in 1870 to an estimated population of 659,000 in 2014.Jun 3, 2018

Portland should be fine as long as it has a retractable roof. Las Vegas ill a retractable roof as well, for a totally different reason.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:
The Seattle metropolitan area area has more than 3.5 million inhabitants, making it the 15th largest metro area in the country. The population of Seattle is estimated at 659,000. Seattle has grown from just 1,150 people in 1870 to an estimated population of 659,000 in 2014.Jun 3, 2018

Portland should be fine as long as it has a retractable roof. Las Vegas ill a retractable roof as well, for a totally different reason.

Seattle's fan base is spread from the Canadian border to the California state line. Would MLB ever allow encroachment by another franchise settling in the midst of that market? 

23 hours ago, Hubs said:

The Rays are the only team I see relocating, so if they go to Nashville, which makes sense to me, and the league expands to Montreal and say Portland, that works for 4 divisions per league, 4 teams per division.

Moving the Rays to Nashville makes so much damn sense. There really aren't any baseball teams in the mid-south; everyone roots for the Braves or the Cardinals. With Nashville getting so many people each day (my brother's house has tripled in value in just three years), they would fill up stadiums no problem.

23 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

Seattle's fan base is spread from the Canadian border to the California state line. Would MLB ever allow encroachment by another franchise settling in the midst of that market? 

https://www.bizjournals.com/portland/news/2018/11/29/portland-diamond-project-strikes-deal-to-develop.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=Portland+Diamond+Project+strikes+deal+to+develop+riverfront+stadium+at+port+terminal+(Renderings)&client=firefox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8meHOi_veAhULiFQKHTA5BpwQ_AUIDygC&biw=868&bih=417#imgrc=_

Portland Diamond Project strikes deal to develop riverfront stadium at port terminal (Renderings)

15 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I wish Portland good luck when MLB expands. The pattern of the West Coast baseball map suggests it will probably be an NL team. AL/NL Bay Area, NL/AL SoCal, NL SD and NL/AL Northwest. Presently, the M's and Pads are stuck with each other as interleague "rivals." Portland in the NL would make it a rivalry.

The Manfred remarks of a year ago dealt with expansion, not relocation. The Oakland port proposal seems more likely to succeed than its East Bay predecessors, but the rubber has yet to hit the road there. Many questions arise about BART, 880 congrestion, etc. It could all fall apart. But Manfred doesn't seem eager to hand the lucrative Bay Area to the Giants, sole proprietors.

On 11/28/2018 at 1:34 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The site of the old Coliseum -- home to four of the franchise's nine World Series titles and the last remaining baseball/football mixed-use stadium -- will be redeveloped into public park space. It will also include retail, housing and a reconstruction of the original Coliseum diamond. For baseball and I guess maybe, hopefully, gladiator fights. View image on Twitter

Image result for gladiator are you not entertained gif

On 11/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The site of the old Coliseum -- home to four of the franchise's nine World Series titles and the last remaining baseball/football mixed-use stadium -- will be redeveloped into public park space. It will also include retail, housing and a reconstruction of the original Coliseum diamond. For baseball and I guess maybe, hopefully, gladiator fights. View image on Twitter

that's slightly larger than the crowds they drew last season.

If Oakland ‘s deal goes thru, I would not be surprised to see the Angels use Las Vegas as a bargaining tool to get Anaheim to build a new stadium. Whoever ends up in Vegas will have a pretty good location. And that stadium will have to be air conditioned with a retractable roof.