• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Fans should be FIRED!!!!!

I'm thinking this is just another super-fan thread. There is nothing worse than people who think they are better fans than other people. This board seems to have a lot of those.

I don't think he's trying to be a super fan, but he's just as guilty of Monday morning quarterbacking as anyone else.  Get beyond the hyperbole and the truth is that the big splashes and mid-season trades have taken a huge toll, but they were exactly the sort of moves people wanted and ripped on Stoneman for not making.

It's fair to be critical now, it was fair to be critical of the team's unwillingness to make the trade for Cabrera if indeed it could have been done.   Hindsight is 20/20.  

Exactly right.  It's why major league teams don't make panic moves or moves to appease the fan base.

Like trading your best part time catcher/DH/1bman for a declining 30 something outfielder.

Or signing a 32 year old 1B to a 10 year deal.

Or trading 1very good and two decent prospects for a 2 1/2 month rental that MIGHT help you make the playoffs

oh wait

fixed it. 

btw, that is more revisionist history big time.  I'll give the the Wells deal yet the Pujols deal wasn't a panic move.  He is one of the best hitters in the history of the game and I am quite sure that JD and Arte were comfortable with the last few years being pretty bad.  The problem is it's also included the first couple of years. 

You think Ariel Pena and Hellweg are great prospects?  Those guys end up back of the bullpen guys at best. 

The Grienke move was also made to give the halos an advantage on re-signing him. 

I was all for the Pujols deal at the time.  Still am. He just needs to perform.  There isn't a GM on the planet that expected Albert and Josh to perform as they have this early in their contracts. 

We can call them bad moves retrospectively but if those players do their job, then the team is thought of much differently and we are discussing trade possibilities to beef up the SP and pen for a second half run. 

At least some of you. I remember the Artie is cheap. Fire Stoneman, he can't make the big trade! You have no right to be bitching, you got what you asked for! Instead of saying, I was wrong, now it's Fire Scioscia, Fire Dipoto!  Maybe they should be fired, for listening to the fans and giving them what they wanted. No more Scioscia ball! Be careful what you ask for, because you may not be happy with the results. 

When you make your 15th post, maybe we'll listen...

I've been suffering with this team for over 30 years.. We finally won, and I'll die happy.  I continue to support the team, and you can find me out in right-field laying-out over all the empty seats.... Ahhhhletsa goa Halos!  It's all gravy now....

When you make your 15th post, maybe we'll listen...

I've been suffering with this team for over 30 years.. We finally won, and I'll die happy.  I continue to support the team, and you can find me out in right-field laying-out over all the empty seats.... Ahhhhletsa goa Halos!  It's all gravy now....

LOL, like post count means anything. Anyway looks like plenty listened and if you count my post on the old board, pretty sure i have more then 15. I might even have 20!!!!!

LOL, like post count means anything. Anyway looks like plenty listened and if you count my post on the old board, pretty sure i have more then 15. I might even have 20!!!!!

In other words, you opinion counts for nothing unless you have met and/or exceeded the 15 post threshold.  Typical attitude of many here; don't worry about it.

At least some of you. I remember the Artie is cheap. Fire Stoneman, he can't make the big trade! You have no right to be bitching, you got what you asked for! Instead of saying, I was wrong, now it's Fire Scioscia, Fire Dipoto!  Maybe they should be fired, for listening to the fans and giving them what they wanted. No more Scioscia ball! Be careful what you ask for, because you may not be happy with the results.

This is the worst post I have ever seen on this site.

Cleaned this thread up and locking. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS DUDES. Seriously, take it offline to email or whatever. 

It's embarrassing when I have to clean up the back and forth BS. Give myself and the Mods a break and think twice about doing it in the future (not to mention its against our Code of Conduct). 

Thank you!