• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angel Fans should be FIRED!!!!!

I might fall into that category but I truly don't try to. My issue is when people ask for one thing (ie: big left handed bat) Arte gets them that one thing and it doesn't work out, and everyone goes revisionist history on us. I don't like when fans show little or no perspective. I also don't care for the amount of hate Scioscia gets, and I am all for a new manager. I just think that a lot of fans here think that if a move doesn't work then it was a bad move, instead of the player didn't get the job done. That's all I got on this topic for now.

This!

You make good points here, Stradling. I have made my share of criticism of Mike Scoiscia, though other than my Comment Prediction threads (that might be just getting a tad old and overdone, lol) I try not to insult him personally. I don't make fun of his weight, nor do I short change him on his past accomplisments as a very successful manager. In fact, until just a few seasons ago, Mike Scoiscia was someone I always looked up to as far as a baseball mind. I always wore Angel shirts with his number on it (and still do), and was proud to have him as the manager of our team. I also realize that the players themselves bear most of the onus for the poor product we are seeing, and have seen in recent years. I do, sadly, think it is probably time for a move on the manager front - but to tell you the truth, deep down inside, nothing would make me happier than to see this team turn the season around, kick ass, get to the postseason - all under Mike Scoiscia's leadership.

Great post Ed.

Exactly right.  It's why major league teams don't make panic moves or moves to appease the fan base.

Like trading your best catcher for a declining 30 something outfielder.

Or signing a 32 year old 1B to a 10 year deal.

Or trading 3 great prospects for a 2 1/2 month rental that MIGHT help you make the playoffs

oh wait

to the point of the OP Scott, how many of those deals were you against at the time they were done?

I might fall into that category but I truly don't try to. My issue is when people ask for one thing (ie: big left handed bat) Arte gets them that one thing and it doesn't work out, and everyone goes revisionist history on us. I don't like when fans show little or no perspective. I also don't care for the amount of hate Scioscia gets, and I am all for a new manager. I just think that a lot of fans here think that if a move doesn't work then it was a bad move, instead of the player didn't get the job done. That's all I got on this topic for now.

Disagreeing with people's views and getting annoyed with them doesn't mean you think you are a better fan than they are.

At least some of you. I remember the Artie is cheap. Fire Stoneman, he can't make the big trade! You have no right to be bitching, you got what you asked for! Instead of saying, I was wrong, now it's Fire Scioscia, Fire Dipoto!  Maybe they should be fired, for listening to the fans and giving them what they wanted. No more Scioscia ball! Be careful what you ask for, because you may not be happy with the results.

This should be the post of the year!

to the point of the OP Scott, how many of those deals were you against at the time they were done?

Most of them.  Which is why I don't run a big league franchise.  Fans are supposed to be emotionally involved in the big signings (Albert Freakin' Pujols!) but when you are running an org, emotion should not be a factor.

Superfan syndrome aside.  There has been a lot of hypocrisy from fans who called for Stoneman's head season after season for not pulling the trigger are now positive it can only be Sosh's fault that strategy hasn't worked.

Doesn't mean they are true fans, lesser fans, worse fans, they were just wrong.  :)

I for regret complaining about Stoneman. We endd up getting Reagins. So people be careful what you ask for.

I don't think those were emotional decisions on the part of the team though Scott. They made sense for baseball and business reasons and at the time, you agreed with most of them and I assume you agreed more than just on an emotional level because. Now that things haven't turned out as expected, you are against them. That's the point the OP is trying to make here.

It all makes sense now. Arte signed Hamilton, Pujols, and particularly Blanton to get back at the fans for their whining. Some time around the ASB I expect a poster named "Arte4Life" to show up here and say "See? This is what happens when you ask for big-name signings! This is what you get!"