• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who will the Angels acquire in a trade

Stradling

I think 5 people have already said Grey, but he has got to be the most obvious trade candidate for the following reasons. 

The Yankees have essentially said they are going to trade him, in part due to his poor performance in Yankee Stadium

The Angels have a desperate need for starting pitching and not a lot of money or options for spending to acquire it

Grey is a great 'buy low' candidate, who isn't making so much money as to be cost prohibitive but isn't so obviously good such that, combined with his salary, he shouldn't demand a significant return in terms of prospects

Eppler got those Yankee connects

I don't see Eppler matching or beating any other offers for the more significant guys rumored to be available.  Also, just because the Angels have a reported 30 million or so to spend, it doesn't mean they will or even get close to that number.  Eppler also likes to dumpster dive when it comes to pitchers so again, I don't see any major upgrade there.  With so much being put on building up the farm, it means the guys it would take to get a difference maker in the rotation or in the field won't be available.  I don't think the Angels have a good offseason. I don't foresee any major changes. This thread is just about the next guy they get in a trade though. Yan Gomes makes sense because he's pretty cheap and won't cost too much but teams like the Mets will be in on the bidding and like I already stated, Eppler won't give the best offer.  Eppler probably trades for Ivan Nova so that's my prediction.

I live 5 mins from In and Out and I rarely ever go.  They never have any coupons. I guess I am just a cheap bastard.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't see Eppler matching or beating any other offers for the more significant guys rumored to be available.  Also, just because the Angels have a reported 30 million or so to spend, it doesn't mean they will or even get close to that number.  Eppler also likes to dumpster dive when it comes to pitchers so again, I don't see any major upgrade there.  With so much being put on building up the farm, it means the guys it would take to get a difference maker in the rotation or in the field won't be available.  I don't think the Angels have a good offseason. I don't foresee any major changes. This thread is just about the next guy they get in a trade though. Yan Gomes makes sense because he's pretty cheap and won't cost too much but teams like the Mets will be in on the bidding and like I already stated, Eppler won't give the best offer.  Eppler probably trades for Ivan Nova so that's my prediction.

I live 5 mins from In and Out and I rarely ever go.  They never have any coupons. I guess I am just a cheap bastard.

Would it make you happy if they raised the prices $1.00 a burger and then gave you a $1.00 coupon? 

You have an invisible coupon every day there.  It is cheap.

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

Myers will be making $22.5M/yr from 2020-2022

Pass 

That contract also means that if the padres are shopping him he can probably be had without giving up multiple significant prospects.  He’s pretty young still and has all star upside.  Can play 1st and potentially 3rd.  This is the type of mid to long term acquisition that could really impact the line up.  The difference between Myers and Donaldson is that Myers is a solution that the Angels can count on beyond next year. 

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That contract also means that if the padres are shopping him he can probably be had without giving up multiple significant prospects.  He’s pretty young still and has all star upside.  Can play 1st and potentially 3rd.  This is the type of mid to long term acquisition that could really impact the line up.  The difference between Myers and Donaldson is that Myers is a solution that the Angels can count on beyond next year. 

Well that and about $50 million more committed.  

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Right, but would you rather give up prospect currency or give money to a relatively young player ? And at 22 million Myers might even be a pretty good value. 

I’d rather sign Donaldson, keep the prospects and not have that much money tied down to Myers.  If they eat some of the contract I would consider it