• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Starlin Castro

NJHalo

Not getting much attention because of all the Realmuto trade talk, but I think Starlin Castro should be a target for the Angels. Being that he is still owed $11 million for next year, and a club option of $16 for 2020 ($1 million buyout), and the Marlins just promoted their 2B prospect (Isan Diaz) to the 40 man roster, I would have to believe he could be had at a low cost. He plays second base, but has shown willingness to move to third base when the Yankees asked him. 

.278 with 12 HR and 54 RBI 

2017 All-Star, and has been durable for the most part. 

Shouldn't cost us a top prospect either. 

We have soooo many options at 2B though,  unless he 100% absolutely could play 3B as a regualr i dont see the point really to invest 27M over the next 2 years. 
no innings at 3B the last 3 years per his splits.
I cant help but wonder how a guy that was at one time the next big thing is suddenly such a well traveled type, bit of a red flag to me .

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

We have soooo many options at 2B though,  unless he 100% absolutely could play 3B as a regualr i dont see the point really to invest 27M over the next 2 years. 
no innings at 3B the last 3 years per his splits.
I cant help but wonder how a guy that was at one time the next big thing is suddenly such a well traveled type, bit of a red flag to me .

He’ll cost $11.8m in 2019, and can be bought out for a mil on his ‘20 option. He’s only been moved twice, and both times, primarily because his of his contract - not production or any behavior. He’d come fairly cheaply due to his salary as well. 

He’s not the most exciting, but he’s reliably solid with enough versatility to fit what the Angels need. Remember that he’d also allow the Angels to move one of Fletcher, Ward, Jones, or Rengifo for a pitcher a little more comfortably too.  

I wouldn’t want to give up too much for him, but something a little better than the Kinsler deal (Lund and Chris Rodriguez?) would be okay.

And remember, he was moved from the Cubs to make room for Javy Baez, and moved from the Yankees to open up a spot for Gleyber Torres, and give back some of the salary they were picking up with Stanton. Both were upgrades at much cheaper prices. 

He did play shortstop for a while, so he has changed positions before. I think 3B is definitely an option.