• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets “Seriously Considering” Noah Syndergaard Trade Scenarios

Mark68

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/mets-seriously-considering-noah-syndergaard-trade-scenarios.html

The Mets are “seriously considering” trade scenarios for high-end righty Noah Syndergaard, according to Jon Heyman of Fancred (via Twitter). Per the report, at least six rival organizations are “real players” for the high-octane starter.

We should at least inquire. The prospect cost will be high, but how high? Any scenario not involving Adell should be considered.

1 minute ago, Mark68 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/mets-seriously-considering-noah-syndergaard-trade-scenarios.html

The Mets are “seriously considering” trade scenarios for high-end righty Noah Syndergaard, according to Jon Heyman of Fancred (via Twitter). Per the report, at least six rival organizations are “real players” for the high-octane starter.

We should at least inquire. The prospect cost will be high, but how high? Any scenario not involving Adell should be considered.

There is no scenario not including Adell in this case i dont think.   This would gut the farm, no ifs and or buts about it. 
We have too many other holes to fill, this just doesnt make a lot of sense to me unless its an all in move, which we dont appear to have any desire to do to date.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well I’d assume it would be Adell and Canning and then two other guys.  

Maybe

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then I’m surprised you’d call him an ace. 

That’s just what NJ said. I get that no one is good enough to trade our prospects for but a career 2.93 era is pretty ace like

EABC6A29-E141-4AC2-B298-779468082FAF.png

28 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

If that is the case we will not get him unless the Mets really believe in Griffin Canning or Jahmai Jones. Really don't see any scenario where Jo Adell is not included in the trade package unless we are sending back one of our left-handed starters like Skaggs or Heaney for example.

A trade such as Andrew Heaney and Jahmai Jones for Syndergaard would be in the ballpark in terms of total value for both sides. If the Mets really are going to try and compete in 2019, replacing Syndergaard with Andrew would make some sense while allowing them to add a nice prospect. Would be really surprised if they go for a deal like that but it does allow them to try and win while rebuilding their farm.

I just kind of feel like every five days … I'm just kind of wasting my ability to throw a baseball,” Syndergaard said. “My stuff's too good to go out there and go six innings and give up four runs with nine base hits. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.”

Syndergaard this season has the worst ERA, WHIP, strikeout rate (24.6 percent) and opponents’ batting average (.260) of his career. He is issuing twice as many walks and eliciting fewer ground balls than he did in his injury-abbreviated 2017.

The pessimistic view of Syndergaard’s career is that this is already his fourth major-league season, he has not progressed like many expected and he might be injury prone. The optimistic view is that he turns only 26 on Wednesday, already has four major-league seasons of experience and still has all of the tools that made him one of the top prospects in all of baseball.

Definitely need to be kicking the tires here. 

Angels might have interest in Todd Frazier too. The Angels were in on him last year, and eating his salary may help the Angels give up less. He’d be able to cover 3B and 1B at least, still has good pop, defense, and draws some walks. May be able to help at 2B and LF/RF in a pinch.

It's gotta be a right team, right place and right time sort of scenario to happen. For example, the Angels farm system is just getting built up again, and they're looking to compete long term. It just isn't the right situation. 

But the Padres for example, having so much outfield and pitching depth that they're needing to trade it away, but are also looking at their competitive window beginning in 2019 or 2020, they could afford to trade for Syndergaard, and still have a farm system. Or the Astros. While their farm isn't as strong as it once was, they still have some depth there. They have money to spend and are just trying to stay atop the division and win as many World Series titles as they possibly can before an inevitable rebuild occurs. They could trade for Syndergaard, which would literally gut their farm, but they'd rock a rotation with Verlander, Cole and Syndergaard at the front of it. No one would touch them for another two years at least. 

So I could see the Padres or Astros getting him.