• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Trout for Vlad Jr?

notherhalo

Would you trade Trout for Vlad Jr?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Trout for Vlad Jr?

• Yes
    • No

Vlad Jr. is a solid prospect but his body type and the weight he's carrying reminds me an awful lot of a young Prince Fielder. 

But yeah, the Jays wouldn't trade for Trout because he only has two years on his contract and the Angels wouldn't except the deal because Trout is just an over better baseball player by a lot when you consider his defense, speed and MVP caliber numbers. Vlad Jr. is just a prospect until he performs at the level Trout has in the big leagues.

15 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Ok but Trout only has two years left @68M

i would take my chances with Vlad Jr with six years of club control as half the price. 

Ok.....I would rather have two years with the best player in baseball than 6 years of a question mark. 

2 v 4 should have nothing to do with it.  If I was Toronto I wouldnt do it because unless I feel we can win the WS in the next two years with him.  I know their farm is really good but do they have the peices to win it all with Trout.  If they dont than pass 0o n the deal.

Doesn't matter this is all hypothetical 

40 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Sorry I meant "in the game".  However I know some posters on here have argued he is better than Babe Ruth so that isnt too much of an exaggeration.

Historically? George Herman Ruth has better career numbers.

But, given the game has developed? Many of those guys wouldn’t be nearly as dominant today. Trout is the best player today by a considerable margin, which probably means he’s better than any player ever. Debatable, certainly, but not an unreasonable position.