Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

Angels Sign C Dustin Garneau to minor league deal


totdprods

Recommended Posts

According to Chris Cotillo. He'll likely replace Arcia in AAA. 31 years old, hits/throws right-handed.

Career slash of .194/.269/.321/.590 and a 40% CS% in 86 games. Had shown good power BB:K as a hitter in the minors, and a solid 38% CS% in the minors as well. 

Good depth at least.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

According to Chris Cotillo. He'll likely replace Arcia in AAA. 31 years old, hits/throws right-handed.

Career slash of .194/.269/.321/.590 and a 40% CS% in 86 games. Had shown good power BB:K as a hitter in the minors, and a solid 38% CS% in the minors as well. 

Good depth at least.
 

A career minor leaguer is now good depth? Damn, we must be horrid~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

A career minor leaguer is now good depth? Damn, we must be horrid~

We currently don’t have anyone ticketed for catcher at SLC. Arcia and Hudson are gone, Briceno and Smith currently set for the bigs until we bring in someone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

Still not sure why we cut Arica loose.

After his amazing first two games, he hit .168/.186/.326/.512 with 26 strikeouts and zero walks in 97 plate appearances. Given that he was a journeyman minor league catcher before this, those last 38 games are likely more representative of who he is than those first two games.

11 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

Where did Arcia go?

He was outrighted off the 40-man, and was able to elect minor league free agency, which he did. They might have interest in re-signing him to a minor league deal though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

After his amazing first two games, he hit .168/.186/.326/.512 with 26 strikeouts and zero walks in 97 plate appearances. Given that he was a journeyman minor league catcher before this, those last 38 games are likely more representative of who he is than those first two games.

He was outrighted off the 40-man, and was able to elect minor league free agency, which he did.

But the long ball!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...