• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels bring back Peter Bourjos on minor-league deal

AngelsWin.com

The Angels have agreed to a minor-league deal with Peter Bourjos, bringing back a player who spent the first four years of his career with them.

Bourjos would go onto the depth chart as a possible fourth outfielder, filling a spot occupied last year by a collection of players, including Chris Young, Eric Young Jr., Jabari Blash and Michael Hermosillo.

Bourjos, 31, has passed through four organizations since the Angels traded him to the St. Louis Cardinals in the David Freese deal. Bourjos has also spent time with the Philadelphia Phillies, Tampa Bay Rays and Atlanta Braves. He was also in the minors with the San Francisco Giants.

An outstanding defensive outfielder in his prime, Bourjos has a career average of .240 with a .296 on-base percentage. Last season, he played just 36 games in the majors, with the Braves, hitting .205 with a .239 on-base percentage.

View the full article

• 1 month later...

Freese & Salas for Bourjos & Grichuk trade revisted 5 years later. My reaction at the time is I wanted Freese because he's a winning player, but I wanted no part of Salas the human gasoline can. Most importanly, I thought it was absolutely ridiculous to give up on Grichuk so quickly, and was a perfect example of why the Cardinals front office has consistently been superior to the Angels front office.

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2019/1/14/18180283/freese-bourjos-grichuk-cardinals-angels-trade-retrospective