• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos Back!

Hubs

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I think we're starving for some action considering that we're on our 3rd page of a Peter Bourjos signing to a minor league contract.  

Yeah, yet another slow moving offseason. We'll see what happens at the Winter Meetings, but if that proves to be uneventful, it'll mark a disturbing trend with consequences we haven't even thought of yet.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Yeah, yet another slow moving offseason. We'll see what happens at the Winter Meetings, but if that proves to be uneventful, it'll mark a disturbing trend with consequences we haven't even thought of yet.

will be interesting to see if teams are as conservative as last year.  

21 hours ago, Second Base said:

Not unusual for things to be quiet up until Thanksgiving in recent years. 

49 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Early on I thought he was going to be like the "good version" of Jacoby Ellsbury...

I'm not the best talent evaluator.

That's how "Bourjesus" came to be.

Things weren't going well for the club. Bourjos, being fast, and very anti Machado, was deemed exciting by many.  His minor league track record wasn't exceptional, though.  Like Jesus'? People lost their minds over this likable young speedster.

I grew to like the guy... he had a great year... played good defense... but even that now seems like it was overhyped.

He had a 4.9 WAR season in 2011, he was not over hyped. Do you know how many 4.9+ WAR seasons the Angels have had out of their offensive guys since?

Trout in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Hunter in 2012, Kendrick in 2014, Simmons in 2017, Simmons in 2018.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

He had a 4.9 WAR season in 2011, he was not over hyped. Do you know how many 4.9+ WAR seasons the Angels have had out of their offensive guys since?

Trout in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Hunter in 2012, Kendrick in 2014, Simmons in 2017, Simmons in 2018.

Yes he was way, way overrated when he put up that season.  I said 100 times he was a 4th OF.  That he got hot but it was not likely he would really be able to maintain anything close to that.  I was ridiculously mocked for insisting the Angels should probably plan on him to be a good 4th OF and no more.

I wasn't alone. Lots of people said the same thing, yet many were just intoxicated with this budding superstar as a critical core piece to build around.

He was definitely way overvalued at that point.