• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marlins release new logo and uniform....again

Second Base

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

Pretty much everything about the franchise is dated, but not in a good way.  The ball park is cookie cutter.  There's very little that's specifically Southern California or Orange County about it.  It's not a bad place to play baseball, ease of access, centralized location, great weather, and they've been here long enough that there some passionate history behind all of it.  But the Angels need a ball park that reflects all of that, and they just don't.  It'd be nice if they found somewhere to play for just a year or two so they an tear current Angel Stadium to the ground and build something the fans can be proud of.  And if they are going to stick with renovating the same old thing that wasn't worthy of renovation in the first place, then it needs to be a very VERY extensive renovation.  Everything, walls, concourses, exterior design, everything except the playing surface. 

And as for the logo, again, find a balance between the two.  Their current jerseys look like they're straight out of 2002....because they are.  That's back when JNCO jeans, frosted tips and N'Sync were awesome.  That logo was never a classic or futuristic design and it was never meant to be something that stuck.  It was an improvement over the periwinkle unis....but then again, EVERYTHING was an improvement there. 

The Angels need to design a logo and color scheme that fits the current era, works in the future and is a specific nod to the past.  Reincorporate navy blue back into the color scheme, and while we won't go with the "CA" logo anymore because we decidedly aren't the California Angels anymore, We could still redesign the A or have an LA in it, I mean we've been the LA Angels for a decade now.  If we want to the be known as LA, then put it in the logo, just not exactly like the Dodgers.  As we've seen, the Mets and the Yankees do it differently, and so could we. 

I just think the Angels deserve better.  If the Marlins can get a new ball park and new logos to try and reflect the current Miami vibe while respecting the culture there, so can the Angels. 

the ballpark not withstanding, i disagree with everything you said.

i loathe teams that constantly change their logo and uniforms. i agree with everything recon scout said before. when it comes to franchises, nothing beats tradition.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, Inside Pitch said:

Their current uni probably does a better job of standing up over the years than anything they have previously worn.   It's a simple clean look that stands in direct contrast with their "crosstown" rivals.   

My personal favorite is the uni Hunter is wearing below -- I've got a red cap with the lower case "a" that is pretty snappy...   As iconic as the Kendrys uni is, I always thought the Hunter uni stood out more and is more unique...   

193523_311654659983_15425909983_1261310_

Ive always been partial to the Morales uni right there. But side by side, I think Haren's looks the best.

Maybe he'll tweet about it.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:38 PM, ukyah said:

And as for the logo, again, find a balance between the two.  Their current jerseys look like they're straight out of 2002....because they are.  That's back when JNCO jeans, frosted tips and N'Sync were awesome.  That logo was never a classic or futuristic design and it was never meant to be something that stuck.  It was an improvement over the periwinkle unis....but then again, EVERYTHING was an improvement there. 

How many logos have been changed, for the worse?  Tons.

Keep the current.  Keep it for decades more.  The worst thing about this franchise is the constant change, of name, of uniform.

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

How many logos have been changed, for the worse?  Tons.

Keep the current.  Keep it for decades more.  The worst thing about this franchise is the constant change, of name, of uniform.

somehow, you managed to quote me with something i didn't say. i believe it was second base who said that. i said, leave the friggin' uniforms alone. when looking to create an identity,  tradition stands the test of time.