• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tulsa will pay you to remote work/live there

On 11/16/2018 at 9:36 AM, notherhalo said:

I had a fun weekend there, but it has to be the saddest state West of the Mississippi.

When you get a DUI, they do liver tests for alcohol to make sure you have pretty much never had a drink the whole year.  It has all the negatives of Texas with almost none of the positives, sans the BBQ.

I lived there from 1975 through 1998. There were a number of reasons that I left. Even though I grew up in the south, I never really fit in there. I wasn't into the whole pickup/gun rack thing, and my political opinions were at odds with most of the populace. Add to that low wages, a state income tax, and wondering whether your house will be gone every time that the sky gets dark, and what's not to like?

Oklahoma incarcerates a lot of people for DUIs. My brother-in-law was one of them. Forward thinking isn't a component of their criminal justice system.

On 11/16/2018 at 8:46 PM, Tank said:

see-gar and may-o-naise.

this was his last good movie. he did some piece of crap a few years later that he must regret daily.

Well, weve discussed at length how good Iron Eagle was. No need to retread there. 

But he was also in Enemy Mine. Great movie.

(One of my guilty pleasure movies. Good story, but the low budget and special effects are horrible. Which makes it great)

On 11/16/2018 at 9:55 PM, calscuf said:

They have tornadoes all over though.  My family and our dog had to hunker down in a McDonald’s in Michigan a couple years ago until one passed.  

It was terrifying but at least the fries were better than INO.

True. I think wed all rather die eating mcdonalds fries than live eating INO ones 

18 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Oklahoma incarcerates a lot of people for DUIs. My brother-in-law was one of them. Forward thinking isn't a component of their criminal justice system.

I don't have much of an issue with jailing drunk drivers. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

I don't have much of an issue with jailing drunk drivers. 

The way that it normally goes there is that the first DUI gets probation (provided that no one was injured or killed), and the second is incarceration.

My brother-in-law couldn't help himself. He was on probation for his first DUI when he caught his second. I'm just glad that no one was injured.