• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Harper Hypothetical

Dtwncbad

Just now, Stradling said:

Troutani is no Ralston Schmidt, but he does have some upside.  One  unnamed exec said of Troutani, "if all things pan out he could be the next Baldoquin".  He just needs at bats.  

FTFY.  

Also, it's planet Troutani.  

It's actually where Ralston's dad is from.    It's a similar situation to Guardians of the Galaxy where Ralston's mom had intergalactic nookie and then came Ralston.  He's actually the scout for the halos on Troutani.  There's a small island there where a lot of prospects come from.  We haven't had much of a presence there in the past because the players tend to be lazy.  

I am groot.  

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If Ohtani's arm is shit then he can still be a first baseman or an outfielder, so he isn't simply a DH.  Also by the time we have to pay him Albert is gone as is Upton, so it is much more feasible.  Plus we will have a better idea of what the farm has matured into.  I don't give two shits about who Harper's agent is.  

To answer your question, I would feel much more comfortable giving Trout and Ohtani $70 million a year than take the risk of Harper.  I don't even hate Harper and if money wasn't an issue I would have no problem having him on the team.  That being said we don't know if his defense is going to continue to suck.  We don't know if the league switch will screw with him like it has others.  If you give Ohtani the extension and all of that money he has proven he is capable, as an Angel, in Angel Stadium in the American League.  

Look at this progress in less than 30 minutes I’ve gotten you from I don’t wanna spend 70 million on two players. To you’d feel more comfortable spending it with Ohtani and Trout. Progress. To your random points about if he could perform in Angel stadium that’s only relevant because people here have this obsession with bad luck. Trout is putting up numbers here as is Simmons Ohtani and more or less Upton. If the player is good they will perform here if they are bad it’s not because of the ball park. 

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Look at this progress in less than 30 minutes I’ve gotten you from I don’t wanna spend 70 million on two players. To you’d feel more comfortable spending it with Ohtani and Trout. Progress. To your random points about if he could perform in Angel stadium that’s only relevant because people here have this obsession with bad luck. Trout is putting up numbers here as is Simmons Ohtani and more or less Upton. If the player is good they will perform here if they are bad it’s not because of the ball park. 

I don't have an obsession with bad luck, I have an obsession with not being able to improve our team in the future because we have spent a ton on two players.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I don't have an obsession with bad luck, I have an obsession with not being able to improve our team in the future because we have spent a ton on two players.  

Not saying you are. But when you or someone says well they are gonna come to Anaheim and suck. It’s just an annoying thing to say. People good have performed here people bad we’ve picked up. Didn’t do poorly because they played in Anaheim. Good players will produce no matter what stadium is their home stadium 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Concession prices are set by what people are willing to pay to maximize revenue, regardless of much the team pays out in salary.

If the Angels had a $400 million payroll, would hot dogs be $200?  How many hot dogs would they sell at $200?

Dude... please don't take what I said seriously...

33 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Dude... please don't take what I said seriously...

I didn't.  I was not really talking to you but just responding to your words.  I constantly hear whining about beer and food prices with some stupid knee jerk comment blaming player salaries. . .

Ok then:

"People good have performed here people bad we’ve picked up didn’t do poorly because they played in Anaheim."

Yeah, that's much better. 

You butcher the English language more than anyone we've had here since HaloThunder, you dunce. I can't even blame it on the public school system because nobody else here is as grammatically deficient as you. 

It's dreadfully painful to read. 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ok then:

"People good have performed here people bad we’ve picked up didn’t do poorly because they played in Anaheim."

Yeah, that's much better. 

You butcher the English language more than anyone we've had here since HaloThunder, you dunce. I can't even blame it on the public school system because nobody else here is as grammatically deficient as you. 

It's dreadfully painful to read. 

Sorry I’m typing on my phone while I’m reading your shit. I’m sorry it’s so painful for you to read. Don’t read it if it’s so painful. Block me you old cuck. 

I had no idea what an "old cuck" was...

1. US informal A weak or servile man (often used as a contemptuous term for a man with moderate or progressive political views).

2. A man whose wife is sexually unfaithful; a cuckold.

23 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Back on OP's topic in the thread, how can someone get $400 million, when they have up and down seasons like Harper does?  

Don't forget the crashing into walls that has happened.    It ruined Pete Reiser's Brooklyn career, and he was a potential HOFer caliber player.

I dont see Harper as a 400 player, frankly even as a 300 player. 
The conversation about him and Trout has been long settled as far as i can see, they are not in the same spectrum and he doesnt deserve Trout money.   
Neither does Mr "im not johnny hustle" Machado but thats another discussion. 
To me i dont see him much more than he got in 18 at best, but thats just my opinion.    It is likely both get somewhere near Trout today but if thats where they go i lose interest fast. 

On 11/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, Kevinb said:

Not saying you are. But when you or someone says well they are gonna come to Anaheim and suck. It’s just an annoying thing to say. People good have performed here people bad we’ve picked up. Didn’t do poorly because they played in Anaheim. Good players will produce no matter what stadium is their home stadium 

@EnglishCop just went into the fetal position in the corner.