• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Mariners staff is falling apart

Second Base

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Eff Lookout Landing. Because one of their bloggers broke all the press box rules one night, I got my longstanding press creds pulled from Safeco Field. Only known team beat writers and MLB, FoxSports & ESPN's of the world were allowed after that.

Oh and, EWOK sighting! 

They are a self righteous lot there too...    People here think this place has homers, even the most ardent homer here comes across as a cynic by comparison.

The whole Jerry is good idea went out the window for me immediately when he quit on the Angels.  This is just further confirmation. Nobody leaves a job like GM of a major league team in the manner that he did over an honest disagreement.  It was obvious.  Jerry knew his game was up,  people in the organization knew what he was about.  On top of that the actual baseball side of the organization was wrecked.  So he just bounced. 

Guy is a fu*ck up.

43 minutes ago, TroutField said:

There weren’t claims of sexual harassment, did I miss a part of the story? 

I am sorry.  The headline I thought headline was accusation racial and sexual misconduct in the work place.  I only browsed the story so could be wrong.  However even if it was racial comments there would probably void the contract

46 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

I missed the part about sexual harassment.  I see discrimination, but not harassment. 

Regarding DiPoto and Servais, i don’t see why their contracts would be an issue at all here.  How much can each really be making?  Neither was in demand when hired, and the extension for DiPoto was probably more of gesture than a substantial raise. Colleges fire football coaches with larger buyouts than was they are probably owed....   

I maybe wrong but I thought it was racial and sexual discrimination.   I only skimmed the article so if I am wrong my bad

54 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Eff Lookout Landing. Because one of their bloggers broke all the press box rules one night, I got my longstanding press creds pulled from Safeco Field. Only known team beat writers and MLB, FoxSports & ESPN's of the world were allowed after that.

Oh and, EWOK sighting! 

Miss his Halos and WWE takes.

59 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I maybe wrong but I thought it was racial and sexual discrimination.   I only skimmed the article so if I am wrong my bad

You had previously said harassment, which most people would read as being different.    But you are correct, she claims to have been unfairly treated.

Edited by Inside Pitch

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

You had previously said harassment, which most people would read as being different.    But you are correct, she claims to have been unfairly treated.

Actually from a legal stand point sexual harrassment is considered as a form of sexual discrimination and illegal under the civil rights acts.  I made a mistake by assuming sexual harrassment.  Like I said my bad

18 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Actually from a legal stand point sexual harrassment is considered as a form of sexual discrimination and illegal under the civil rights acts.  I made a mistake by assuming sexual harrassment.  Like I said my bad

I understand that -- but everyone made the alternative connection.   No biggie, Storm.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

I have to say I never got sucked into Dipoto's bullshit.

Remember seenoevil? lol

i tried to defend his decision to walk away, citing there were probably things to the story that were not public yet and it may have been justified.

i wasn't wrong that there was more to the story, but i was way off base on trying to defend him.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:52 PM, Ender said:

I mean it's possible they said that stuff ... but it's also not possible ... and a disgruntled employee is sometimes hard to believe.

If you're going to come out with guns blazing ... I would hope you had some evidence besides he said she said.

I mean this tweet was obvious coming out ...

https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/1062143142160302080

On 11/12/2018 at 5:45 PM, Kody Mac said:

Someone's pissed they lost their job.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:27 PM, Ender said:

I'm not defending him ... I'm simply saying prove it. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Why was she ok staying with the organization allegedly doing this and only not ok with it when she didn't have a job?

On 11/12/2018 at 7:42 PM, Fish Oil said:

I thought we are supposed to believe everything women say. 

I BELIEVE WOMEN!!!  ?

On 11/13/2018 at 7:48 AM, yk9001 said:

Then again, her twitter thread has a lot of those dumb ass motivational slogans.

https://twitter.com/LMHighPerform/media

strike against her

On 11/13/2018 at 9:04 AM, calscuf said:

She sounds like a nut.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:21 AM, wopphil said:

As someone who litigates claims like this for a living, I can say it is far more likely than not that there is no merit whatsoever to these allegations.

4 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Hate to think these guys are that ignorant - but also hate to think she'd exaggerate things to buff up her story - sadly, both are equally plausible, because we've certainly seen people that ignorant and racist (even worse) in positions of power, and we've seen people lie through their teeth, making really malignant charges, just to get revenge or make money.  

Good call!

7 hours ago, Jay said:

I have to say I never got sucked into Dipoto's bullshit.

Remember seenoevil? lol

Oh, I did.  He said all the right things - and perhaps most importantly, he never traded for Vernon Effin Wells.   

Some people say that Arte insisted on that one.  If true, Reagins should've resigned on the spot, rather than to be forever associated with arguably the worst value trade in baseball history (I calc'd at the time Toronto needed to send about $65m with him to balance the books.) 

So, DiPoto sounded like a genius by comparison,  and I bought his bs for awhile - got skeptical as we seemed to be backsliding, then when he quit, that's when I realized what a narcissistic a-hole he was, uhh, "is."  About that time I realized the team's future was a slow-motion train wreck - things were bad and gonna get worse, as far as the eye could see.  

One thing I've learned in life is the guy who thinks he's the smartest man in the room?  Never is.

That’s really the main reason why the M’s feel confident ignoring PECOTA and Fangraphs: they believe they’re elite at coaching and teaching. This is why they angrily dismiss the consensus that their farm system is the sport’s worst. It’s why they brought in Dr. Lorena Martin to add new dimensions to their development process, and it’s why they actually give up real talent to acquire Healy, Shawn Armstrong, Nick Rumbelow and others whose projections are…uh…not encouraging. They’re betting that there’s untapped potential there that has never shown itself, and they believe they’re the org to uncover it. This approach, it must be said, hasn’t been all that successful, isolated wins like Nick Vincent aside. Confidence like this is what’s dividing the M’s fanbase, I think. To the saber-inclined, this is pure hubris- the team that’s burned its farm system to the ground now thinks they can teach up other teams’ cast-offs, their own meager talent reserves, turn Dee Gordon into a gold-glove CF, teach Ryon Healy patience, and turn Ariel Miranda back into an effective starter. To others, this is simply confidence, confidence borne of watching a development-focused plan come together, changing everything from how they train, what they eat, to how they look for and acquire talent.

Smartest guy in the room.  

1 minute ago, Ender said:

The Althetic has an article where a source essentially backs her opinion/critique of Dipoto -- just as they had a source saying the Lakers thought her to be difficult. https://theathletic.com/650495/2018/11/13/recently-fired-executive-accuses-mariners-front-office-of-racism-discrimination/

So, lots of hearsay but also signs that there may be something there.  When push comes to shove it's unlikely the public will ever know what happened with any real certainty but the one thing that we do know is that the same guy that hired her and then went out of her way to talk her up has to live with the stink of this mess.

This Rosenthal article is pretty on point. https://theathletic.com/653594/2018/11/14/rosenthal-the-latest-troubling-chapter-for-jerry-dipoto-and-the-mariners-franchise/

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That settles it then. Acta likes his job. 

LOL -- no shit...    Also, lord knows people would never say racist things about a certain group of people when in the company of someone from that group of people...  riiiight?

What's that line about how does every racist joke start?  With the guy telling the joke looking left and right...

Edited by Inside Pitch