• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Woah....more Jerry Dipoto & Seattle Mariners greatness

Chuck

18 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I also do not care if it is true.  I sincerely hope that Servais and Dipoto not only honor their new extended contracts but are signed to an even longer contract.

The only way I would be happy if Dipoto leaves the Mariners would be if he becomes the GM for the Red Sux or Yank-ems.

i hate everybody

On June 29, 2015 at 10:47 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I do like both DiPoto and Scioscia, but if all of this is true, then Scioscia has to go. I'd love for him to stick around but we can't move forward with a manager who is going to ignore statistical data.

On June 30, 2015 at 7:41 AM, nando714 said:

Sosh obviously has a issue taking orders from the higher ups and feels like he can run the show the way he wants after 16 yrs.

If that's the way he feels he can go get a front office job when he opts out.

Last time I checked when your boss gives you orders or suggestions you put them to use. You don't throw them on the back burner.

On June 30, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Turd Ferguson said:

Poor Sosh, has DiPoto bullying him with those pesky scouting reports and statistics. Maybe we can ship him off to the D-Backs where grit and the good ol' fashioned eye test rule the day.

On June 30, 2015 at 11:24 AM, mp170.6 said:

Mike Scioscia's ego is a cancer to this organization. 

On June 30, 2015 at 11:39 PM, Corona said:

Unbelievable. Sosh has way too much power.

On June 30, 2015 at 11:40 PM, bloodbrother said:

This stinks. I actually liked Dipoto and what he was trying to build. He did well to stock the team with good, young arms and I liked that the org was finally becoming a team that incorporated advanced statistical analysis into things

This also just means they now have to do another GM search and another shakeup throughout the FO. Good lord.

On June 30, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Dreams said:

One huge step backwards for the organization.  F'n Fat Italian.

On June 30, 2015 at 11:51 PM, robblin17 said:

This sucks.

**** Scioscia.

On June 30, 2015 at 11:55 PM, ukyah said:

very bad day for the organization. it just took a mile of steps back. i'm completely dejected, actually. you could never have convinced me that arte was really this foolish and that scioscia was this infantile. it looks like it's in the books. i'm totally off the res right now.

On June 30, 2015 at 11:57 PM, ukyah said:

a FO wanting their strategies implemented by lower personel, rather than being ignored? what a concept. fire the cocky ****ers.

On July 1, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Hollyw00d said:

What a cluster****

On July 1, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Ochocinco! said:

I've never been embarrassed as an Angel fan.... Today is the day..

On July 1, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Hollyw00d said:

He attempted to include the coaching staff. The coaching staff got butthurt and didn't want to cooperate. Dipoto tried to take matters in his own hands.

This has been a long time coming, however. I think dipoto has been uncomfortable with how the angels operate for quite a while now. It finally came to head

On July 1, 2015 at 12:39 AM, ukyah said:

no kidding right? i'm feeling the same way. i'm actually completely turned off by moreno and scioscia. i'm in this weird place where i feel like i've been fooled. 

people suggesting that dipoto is at fault or that it was a power play are being obtuse. dipoto is scioscia's superior organizationally and he can't implement his own strategies after four goddamn years? what would any of you do if you had an employee just tell you to kick rocks for 4 years? you'd have a day like today too, where you just said, "F' it, i'm done here."

On July 1, 2015 at 4:08 AM, wopphil said:

This pretty much sums up how I feel. This is a terrible development for the team.

On July 1, 2015 at 5:56 AM, AngelsFaninGA said:

Honestly, if Dipoto leaves, best case scenario would be for Scioscia to leave after the season and for Arte to sell the team ASAP. Otherwise, good luck finding a GM willing to be a puppet for a coach with an ironclad lifetime contract. 

On July 1, 2015 at 6:35 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Woah, what happened?

Who the F is leaking all of this info? This is a huge stain on the organization.

That said, I am not going to comment further until all the facts are checked and made public.

I am really bummed however as I'm a big fan of Dipoto's and he loved attending and speaking at our events. Tim Mead absolutely loves the guy. There could be more to this story that rests on Scioscia & Moreno that hasn't surfaced.

I was hoping either Scioscia or Arte would bounce. Oh well.

On July 1, 2015 at 7:09 AM, nando714 said:

On July 1, 2015 at 7:16 AM, nando714 said:

I applaud Jerry for leaving. This is not how an organization is ran. I hope he's successful elsewhere.

Now let's trade players who Sosh doesn't like Arte. Clearly that's how things are ran around these parts.

I'm done. Fvck arte and fvck sosh. Embarrassment

On July 1, 2015 at 7:45 AM, bloodbrother said:

Seriously, what GM worth a damn will want to come here? You're basically 3rd on the totem pole behind Sosh and Arte when it comes to doing things.

On July 1, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Crampknees said:

This sucks, I liked Jerry.  If the team is going to keep a revolving door going I would have pushed Sosh into it but he likely will get an extension through 2350 now. 

On July 1, 2015 at 8:13 AM, SoWhat said:

It's going to be hard to support this organization going forward. I pray that Moreno sells the team ASAP.

On July 1, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Angelsjunky said:

This is exactly my concern. Just think that a few years ago this was one of the most desirable GM positions in baseball now it is probably one of the least.

On July 1, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Turd Ferguson said:

Certainly no GM that embraces modern analytics will want anything to do with this franchise.

On July 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM, SoWhat said:

Yep. I loved where this organization was going with Dipoto as GM, now it looks like they're headed towards being a watered down version of the Diamondbacks.

On July 1, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Turd Ferguson said:

Agreed. The dynamic doesn't work. One of them has to go. Unfortunately, the wrong one is going.

On July 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Homebrewer said:

If Dipoto is actually gone, the only option left to Arte is to hire a Yes-man to coddle MS and stroke his huge ego.

If I want to be a GM in the majors, I laugh when I'm asked if I want that job.

On July 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM, WallyWorld said:

No no, JD is a spoiled brat who threw a tantrum! Good riddance to him. All hail the lasagna King!!

On July 1, 2015 at 12:00 PM, robblin17 said:

Wow. F word. 

Hope you are happy, Arte. 

On July 1, 2015 at 12:14 PM, nando714 said:

Time to fill this embarrassment of a franchise with Sosh's budies

Again Fvck you Arte

And Fvck you stubborn Sosh.

Good luck wherever u land jerry!

i agree

2 hours ago, Lou said:

not while they're still employed by the same organization 

i disagree. i've my own first hand experiences, in the workplace, to call upon, and larger life experiences as well. once people start to talk about a secret, it doesn't stay a secret. i respect if your experiences tell you otherwise.

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

i disagree. i've my own first hand experiences, in the workplace, to call upon, and larger life experiences as well. once people start to talk about a secret, it doesn't stay a secret. i respect if your experiences tell you otherwise.

I agree with Lou. My experience taught me that life is like a shit sandwich.  The more bread you make, the less shit you eat.

More...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/no-matter-how-it-plays-out-lorena-martins-racism-claim-against-mariners-stains-the-organization/

Per Larry Stone: "No matter how it’s resolved, the stain from this episode will cling to the organization for a long time."

Does the story about DiPoto repeatedly punching a whiteboard ring true with anyone? 

That's such a bizarre - and specific - behavior, so wonder if anyone here ever witnessed that from him?

Her injecting "no team has ever been to the playoffs under DiPoto" jibe actually hurts her case a bit - (and make no mistake, a case is coming) - makes it seem more personal and retaliatory.   

Hate to think these guys are that ignorant - but also hate to think she'd exaggerate things to buff up her story - sadly, both are equally plausible, because we've certainly seen people that ignorant and racist (even worse) in positions of power, and we've seen people lie through their teeth, making really malignant charges, just to get revenge or make money.  

However it turns out, the "stain" from the above is true - very difficult to undo the damage. 

3 hours ago, True Grich said:

More...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/no-matter-how-it-plays-out-lorena-martins-racism-claim-against-mariners-stains-the-organization/

Per Larry Stone: "No matter how it’s resolved, the stain from this episode will cling to the organization for a long time."

Meanwhile in JDs next podcast....

today admins GIF

12 hours ago, Lou said:

I do like both DiPoto and Scioscia, but if all of this is true, then Scioscia has to go. I'd love for him to stick around but we can't move forward with a manager who is going to ignore statistical data.

i agree

Hey even Eppler agreed with my comment!... Except the part about liking Dipoto... we all take that back.. along with the capital P.