• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rosenthal: Angels looking to shed payroll

Second Base

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am not sure Brantley is going to get more than a 2 year deal.

you think so?   I was guessing he'd get at least 3.  I think a few teams have been gearing up for Harper and he will be the consolation prize so they'll over spend to get someone at least solid.  

Even still, I think if we clear Kole's money, we'll still go after pitching first.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

my guess is that we'd like to get rid of Kole's contract if there's a taker because Billy thinks he can get similar production from RF for a lot less.  It's not shedding payroll but potentially reallocating it.  

Id love to hear what thats based on?  Surely nothing currently on the roster so... 
and there is zero chance Brantley gets less in dollars or years, though id love to see that

4 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

I wouldn't mind trading Calhoun for Julio Teheran.

It would take a lot more than Calhoun to get Teheran. The Braves could re-sign Markakis for less than half of Calhouns salary. I agree that the Angels won’t get much for Calhoun unless they eat at least 7-8 mil. Of his contract. Parker could return a prospect just  outside top 30 prospect. I would keep Shoe to see if he is healthy and throwing back to his 2015-16 level. He can always be traded at the deadline.