• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2018-2019 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Lou

1 hour ago, Lou said:

it's really amazing that he's been allowed to coach there for so damn long. constantly relying on transfers is a dumb way to build a winner, especially when there are so many good HS players in the SoCal area.

do you have any idea how much he makes?

Salary was largely paid to him through guarantees by many nat'l power home teams playing LB in non-league play.   Stupidest thing ever was the brainless new AD (as of March 2017) at LB (Andy Fee, or is it Feeble?) giving Monson a new 4 year deal, although allegedly being told to not schedule so many impossible non-league games.   

Allegedly, there is a 5 player incoming class for next season (four of them HS recruits and one juco recruit with 3 years eligibility left), three of whom are 6-9, 6-11, and 6-11.  I'll believe in that class when I see it.  Too many Monson screwup jobs smartened me up.

Of course, they had a good recruiting class in 2014, of which only ONE (Temidayo Yussef) stayed at LB beyond 3 seasons, Justin Bibbins left after 3 seasons to be first team all-PAC12 his senior season at Utah, and the other two players left after one season.

They haven't had a solid group of players play multiple seasons at LB since the Ware/Anderson/Robinson/Phelps group (with NBA player James Ennis also there during their senior seasons) was there very early in the decade.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, m0nkey said:

@Lou and co: heard anything about Luke Walton possibly coming in if he's let go by the lakers?  

That seems to be the new thing floating out there

from what I've heard, that is mainly speculation by people outside the program based solely on our association with Bill. can that change? sure.  I actually think there's a better chance he ends up at Arizona. 

• 1 month later...

New Texas candidate, if Shaka Smart is let go, has to be Texas alum Chris Beard.

If Smart is let go, he could do a lot worse than to take his uptempo game to UNLV.  They have the arena and previous history (albeit light history in recent years).   UNLV fans would take to his style of play, reminders of the Tark era.    No other basketball game in town to compete with, and the MWC is a rock solid conference.   

On April 8, 2019 at 11:53 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Can Nevada continue their millennial success with coaches (Trent Johnson, Mark Fox, and Musselman)?    They are so far ahead of UNLV now, that it isn't funny.  

Steve Alford 

Soooo, Long Beach State decided to ditch the 49er mascot and the 49ers nickname, and is having a contest to pick a new nickname.

Personally, I would go with Sharks, out of tribute to Tark's days at LB State.   Plus, LB is by the ocean.

However, the point of this post is that, I kid you not, one of the finalists for a nickname is Krakens.    WTF?   Does that mean they should hire John Lackey to be PA guy at the Pyramid; and whenever they need to rally the team, Lackey yells out "Release the Kraken!"? 

• 3 weeks later...