• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kris Bryant??? Yes please!

halonatic13

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

You wouldn't trade Adell for Kris Bryant? So you are basically saying that Adell will be basically a top 10 player in the majors as soon as he is here

If  I felt confident we could be a 90+ win team and we were going into 2019 as the division favorites, I would absolutely trade Adell and whatever else for Bryant.  

Kris Bryant is one of the few players in the league that you DO trade Adell for. 

The only concern with him is the severity of his injuries. But he’s a 7 win player when healthy. Imagine:

Bryant

Trout

Ohtani

Upton

Simmoms

Ramos

Calhoun

1st baseman

Fletcher/Cozart

good lord we’d score a ton of runs

it would allow us to focus completely on pitching 

yeah it isn’t going to happen but it’s fun to dream about

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Bryant is probably my favorite non-angel player.  To pair him up with Trout and Ohtani would be amazing.  But it's absolutely going to cost Adell, Canning, Jones and Suarez or something very close.  

I wouldn't do that, but I can definitely see how others would want to.  

Does anyone find it curious that the cubs would make him available?  I guess it has a lot to do with him turning down a couple hundred mil already and the fact that his agent is Scott Boras.   

Don't forget, Boras convinced him he was wronged when they kept him in the minors a month to add a year of control...  He wants to get that money back....  

50 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If  I felt confident we could be a 90+ win team and we were going into 2019 as the division favorites, I would absolutely trade Adell and whatever else for Bryant.  

That doesn't make sense. So because the Angels are piss poor you don't want a great baseball player to make them better? 

What is with some of the people here, it's like the only time the Angels can be good is if it's with home grown players. Who cares if Adell is here or if it's Kris Bryant or anyone. Don't you want the Angels to be better next year and in the future. Kris Bryant is 26 years old he plays 3rd base and his average season is a 900 OPS with 31 home runs a year. I honestly just don't get it. Not that I think the Angels have a shot in hell at getting him, but for the love of everything if we wouldn't trade Adell for Bryant you are basically saying that Adell is Mike Trout light. That Adell when he comes up is a top 5 player in baseball. I hope you are all right but holy crap. 

15 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

That doesn't make sense. So because the Angels are piss poor you don't want a great baseball player to make them better? 

What is with some of the people here, it's like the only time the Angels can be good is if it's with home grown players. Who cares if Adell is here or if it's Kris Bryant or anyone. Don't you want the Angels to be better next year and in the future. Kris Bryant is 26 years old he plays 3rd base and his average season is a 900 OPS with 31 home runs a year. I honestly just don't get it. Not that I think the Angels have a shot in hell at getting him, but for the love of everything if we wouldn't trade Adell for Bryant you are basically saying that Adell is Mike Trout light. That Adell when he comes up is a top 5 player in baseball. I hope you are all right but holy crap. 

Ok so Bryant turned down $200 million, so he’s going to test the market.  So it’s 6 years of Adell or Bryant for 3 years.  He’s also coming off a Sub 2 WAR season and has back issues.  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok so Bryant turned down $200 million, so he’s going to test the market.  So it’s 6 years of Adell or Bryant for 3 years.  He’s also coming off a Sub 2 WAR season and has back issues.  

He is 26 got injured played 102 games and had a 834 OPS. The previous 3 years he played over 150 games and the year prior to last year played 151 and had an OPS of 946. Guy is an absolute stud and randomly got injured. If we are going on what are the norms and what is the outlier for guys who have been in the league 4 years. This past year is the outlier the rest are the norms. He will be fine next year. I would rather have 3 years of Bryant which is a known quantity then 6 years of Adell which is still the unknown. Plus 3rd base is basically impossible to fill. How many stud 3rd basemen are there in baseball 3? An outfielder is much easier to find than a 3rd baseman. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Literally noone suggesting any trade has said it would be the only move.
All of these suggestions are part of larger packages be it Bryant, Realmuto, whatever.  
No one player, bat or arm gets it done, none, its going to take anywhere from 3-5 by my count. 

If this team isn't a 90 win team with Trout who is the best player in baseball. Then I am pretty sure we are all in the understanding that one player isn't going to fix this club. No one is saying make one move. We are saying this team can be a playoff team next year with the right "moves". That is all I want I don't want to be bad anymore. I want this team to be competitive. Not a 4th place team 20 games behind 1st. 

13 hours ago, Kevinb said:

If this team isn't a 90 win team with Trout who is the best player in baseball. Then I am pretty sure we are all in the understanding that one player isn't going to fix this club. No one is saying make one move. We are saying this team can be a playoff team next year with the right "moves". That is all I want I don't want to be bad anymore. I want this team to be competitive. Not a 4th place team 20 games behind 1st. 

Good thing you are an Angels fan during this time.  You would have never made it through the 70's. or most the 80's, or most of the 90's.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Good thing you are an Angels fan during this time.  You would have never made it through the 70's. or most the 80's, or most of the 90's.

Your right 'EG', those were some difficult years. But you know what, I don't look back at it that way. I still have some fond memories of those years. We had some really fun players to watch. Jim Fregosi, Dean Chance, Nolan Ryan, Frank Tanana, Brian Downing,  Devon White, Wally Joyner, Jim Abbott, Bobby Grich. And there were a lot of memorable games too. Some 'No Hitters', some fantastic 'come-from-behind-wins', and even some great personal performances by individual players. I even enjoyed watching some of the 'All-time Greats' come thru our stadiums to play us.  Great Memories, but some really awful Teams.

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

i was there, regardless it literally has nothing to do with where we are now, different ownership, tv deal, literally everything has changed. 
besides 79 thru parts of the 80s were what you might consider our golden age... if we ever  actually had one. 

Epstein said it is virtually impossible to envision trading Bryant, but just made the point that the organization doesn't really operate with the concept of having a player be "untouchable."

There is literally no story here.  Bryant is not getting traded and he is not being shopped and he he isn't even "available" in any context close to reality.

17 hours ago, Kevinb said:

ok, sure.  let's add a 4-5 win player to an 80 win team with 4 guys out of our top 10 including our top 2.  Then let's add some pitching now that Bryant's 13mil arb salary has been added.  We'll just get two solid starters for a total of 17mil.  That should be easy.  Nevermind Catcher.  Nevermind 1b.  Nevermind the bench.  I am sure those 7m per starters will get it done.  That probably feels like a 90 win team to you.  It will all go right.  Please let it all go right.  Oh Shit.  We won 90 games and missed the playoffs by 5 games.  Or we got lucky and got to play the Yankees at Yankee stadium for one game.  

Let me try to get this though your thick skull.  You pay less for homegrown players.  If you pay for Kris Bryant who isn't home grown, it significantly inhibits your ability to be good in the future. 

We don't have the money, farm talent  or existing talent on the major league roster to turn this team into a viable contender in one off season.  

We can be competitive if we spend a little money and get lucky.  Eppler is not going to trade away a bunch of currency that he's taken three years to build for that off chance that we might get lucky.  

Use your head and not your heart.  

4 hours ago, eligrba said:

Actually, the 1978-1986 period wasn’t bad at all.   Three AL West titles (79, 82, 86) and three other seasons in contention through mid-to-late September (78, 84, 85).

But otherwise, 1966 (first season as a fan) through 2001 featured many struggling seasons.

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Actually, the 1978-1986 period wasn’t bad at all.   Three AL West titles (79, 82, 86) and three other seasons in contention through mid-to-late September (78, 84, 85).

But otherwise, 1966 (first season as a fan) through 2001 featured many struggling seasons.

Three AL West titles and three playoff heart breaks. 

On 11/9/2018 at 1:09 PM, totdprods said:

Would you include Simmons in a deal for Bryant if it meant any combo of also...
1) keeping Adell/significantly reducing prospect loss?
2) in doing so, it opened up enough current/future salary for the Angels to also make a run for Harper?
3) you received Russell back as a throw-in?

Absolutely not. Simmons is a generational type of player at his position. I believe that Atlanta was foolish to deal him, and I would feel the same about the Angels dealing him.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Cubs move KB although Schwarber is more likely to be moved IMO. 

The Cubs found out they had another 25 year old that plays a better 3B and can hit like KB...David Bote. KB might actually wind up in the OF much of next season if he remains a Cub.