• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kris Bryant??? Yes please!

halonatic13

A couple years ago I started a thread about which single player would most improve the team, and I picked Bryant. Combination of position (which is still a need, has been since Chone left), age, and offense.

Bryant had a down year in 2018, but I wouldn't worry too much. From 2015-17 he averaged almost 7 fWAR, his 20.7 third highest during that span. He's basically a younger Josh Donaldson.

But if Realmuto will cost an arm and a leg, Bryant would add in another limb. But yeah, worth a look. But I don't see how the Angels get him without including Adell. But Marsh + Bryant is better than Adell + Ward....but then you have to think about the other prospects. I think you're looking at something like Adell, Suarez, Jones, and Ward. At least.

I think @Dochalo said it on another thread, but there’s a chance the Cubs are dangling him as Harper bait to another team, like Philly. Get a team who’s in the mix for Harper, Kris’ best bud, and have them offer a fortune in prospects in hopes it entices Bryce. Pretty clever, actually, and also makes the Angels really unlikely - unless they decide to enter the Harper sweepstakes, which would be nuts, because you’re then talking about a potential Bryant, Harper, Trout, (Pujols), Ohtani, Upton, Simmons lineup. 

He only hit 13 HRs in 457 PAs in 2018.   Has he already peaked as a hitter?   I would rather not trade so much for someone coming from another league.

How many blockbuster trades work out well, especially with the star switching leagues?   For every Frank Robinson after 1965 and M-Cab after 2007, there are plenty of examples where it didn't work out.

It's one thing to trade some Rondons for Huston Street.   It's another to trade four really good prospects for someone coming off of a decent to solid season with lack of HR hitting.

Would you include Simmons in a deal for Bryant if it meant any combo of also...
1) keeping Adell/significantly reducing prospect loss?
2) in doing so, it opened up enough current/future salary for the Angels to also make a run for Harper?
3) you received Russell back as a throw-in?

Not that I actually like any of that, just curious with all of the possibilities it could spin off. 

If Cozart just became a .700 OPS, good defensive SS, but the Angels made massive upgrades at 3B with Bryant and Harper in RF while keeping Adell, would it be worth losing Simmons? (I realize the Angels would still need to find a way to help pitching with these salary constraints)

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

there you go 

My comment wasn't even specifically about that.
People are finding ways to knock a guy thats clearly one of the best 3B in the league as though they would have to be talked into it.
But yes in regards to Adell i dont think there is a player in the league people would trade him for straight up, they would find some way to knock the contract or something to justify it. 
DeGrom for Adell straight up... how does NYM balance the payroll?  :) 

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

My comment wasn't even specifically about that.
People are finding ways to knock a guy thats clearly one of the best 3B in the league as though they would have to be talked into it.
But yes in regards to Adell i dont think there is a player in the league people would trade him for straight up, they would find some way to knock the contract or something to justify it. 
DeGrom for Adell straight up... how does NYM balance the payroll?  :) 

They are just pointing out that the cost would be insane for somebody with a couple question marks with a down season, switching leagues, etc

30 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Trade for a premium player?

Angel fan: "No way. Too expensive in prospects."

Trade for a mediocre player?

Angel fan: "No way. I wouldn't trade ANY good prospects for a player of that level."

Trade for stopgap player?

Angel fan: "No way. No prospect is worth that."

Wrong

Bryant is probably my favorite non-angel player.  To pair him up with Trout and Ohtani would be amazing.  But it's absolutely going to cost Adell, Canning, Jones and Suarez or something very close.  

I wouldn't do that, but I can definitely see how others would want to.  

Does anyone find it curious that the cubs would make him available?  I guess it has a lot to do with him turning down a couple hundred mil already and the fact that his agent is Scott Boras.   

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Taylor Ward, Griffin Canning, Brandon Marsh and J. Jones. 

And no, I still wouldn't trade Jo Adell so it probably won't happen. 

You wouldn't trade Adell for Kris Bryant? So you are basically saying that Adell will be basically a top 10 player in the majors as soon as he is here