• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Burning...again

red321

2 minutes ago, nate said:

My grandparents live(d) in Paradise.  Their home is gone.  My grandma was already hospitalized and passed away while they were evacuating her.

My grandpa was able to evacuate eventually and is staying with friends in Chico.

so sorry to hear that, nate. condolences to you and your family.

my cousin and her husband live in paradise. they were returning home from a trip to SF but weren't allowed in. they're in a hotel but have no idea yet what has happened to their home. there are reports that the entire city has burned down. feather river hospital has lost several structures, too.

1 hour ago, nate said:

My grandparents live(d) in Paradise.  Their home is gone.  My grandma was already hospitalized and passed away while they were evacuating her.

My grandpa was able to evacuate eventually and is staying with friends in Chico.

Sorry for your loss dude. I doubt many people realize how stressful it can be when you are suddenly ordered to get out. No matter how much you plan and are prepared for it...when an incident happens that quickly, nobody is really ready. Not only do I know at least a dozen people that have lost everything.. I have had two friends that have died from the stress and panic of wildfire. Not many actually succumb to fire itself. Many more are victims of the stress and frankly...the terror.

I finally had to get out.   

2 hours ago, nate said:

Sorry to hear that man. Hang tough.

10 hours ago, nate said:

That's awful. I'm sorry you and your family have to go through this. 

The Bachelor Mansion took damage but it's still unknown how much. The lower building which was a control room was lost for sure but it's unknown if the main structure suffered any damage.

Also the old town set used for Westwood burned to the ground. The set which was first bought in the 1920's had been the location of many films but is now ash. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Latest report is the Bachelor Mansion survived. The next door neighbor's house burned to the ground. A masonary wall acting as a fire break and fire proof tile roof was part of the reason it never caught fire. 

Relieved to know they be able to continue filming your favorite show there?