• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rats and Sinking Ship

Blarg

Farhan Zaidi to head Giants' baseball ops

Dodgers GM accepts offer to be club's president of baseball operations.

https://www.mlb.com/news/farhan-zaidi-takes-giants-job/c-300339326

No doubt a good promotion but I have to think he sees the upcoming federal probe and wants nothing to do with a team that may be looking at sanctions. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Farhan Zaidi to head Giants' baseball ops

Dodgers GM accepts offer to be club's president of baseball operations.

https://www.mlb.com/news/farhan-zaidi-takes-giants-job/c-300339326

No doubt a good promotion but I have to think he sees the upcoming federal probe and wants nothing to do with a team that may be looking at sanctions. 

You're right I am sure it had nothing to do with promotion, bigger title, more responsibility, and more money. Had to do with a probe that may or may not bring anything with it. 

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

You're right I am sure it had nothing to do with promotion, bigger title, more responsibility, and more money. Had to do with a probe that may or may not bring anything with it. 

he said it was a good promotion 

it's interesting that the giants would offer zaidi this promotion at this time. a DOJ investigation is serious business and zaidi has been the dodgers GM since 2014. it's fair to think that if people were going to be prosecuted, then the GM would be high on the likely list. either the giants have some non public information that zaidi will not be seriously implicated or they have made a very serious lapse in judgement. in the latter case, it's hard to imagine the GM not being heavily involved in those activities. perhaps they insulated themselves and the head of the snake will be the directors of international scouting or amateur development?

Nick Coletti was the GM when Puig was ransomed. I doubt Zaidi is going to be tagged but why stay to GM a team that may be crippled with sanctions and the staff hauled away in cuffs?

He has landed in a much better situation and at the right time. Whatever residual affects the investigation brings out it won't be a fire-able offense but it certainly would be a roadblock for Zaidi finding another position if he waited. The Giants don't have to answer to what went on in the Dodgers organization until after the probe. By then success is going to outweigh any public sentiment. 

Or it's a higher position with more money and more responsibility. You know the things most people are striving for. If he was involved he would be tagged either way, whether he was with the Dodgers org or in Giants. They aren't going to go well he is with the Giants now so... San Fran is too far of a flight to talk to him he's in the clear.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You're doing the densest material on earth thing again.

So are you looking for fire just because. If people started earth shattering leaving the organization by the droves I'd get it but you are literally just saying well I wonder why he'd take this position. Seems suspicious why would anyone take a higher position or more money or have more responsibility. I can't believe the OC of the team left to be a head coach somewhere else, there must be trouble in the locker room.

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

question for the board:

how many times did you have to read this sentence?

You are assuming we read anything kevinb writes...

but to answer your question.... half the time, I give up half way through one of his posts, roll my eyes and move on.

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So are you looking for fire just because. If people started earth shattering leaving the organization by the droves I'd get it but you are literally just saying well I wonder why he'd take this position. Seems suspicious why would anyone take a higher position or more money or have more responsibility. I can't believe the OC of the team left to be a head coach somewhere else, there must be trouble in the locker room.

Oh.....like when Pete Carroll left the Trojans to move the Seahawks before they were sanctioned....Opps...I mean Pete left for a better paying job and a bigger opportunity.