• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seattle considering full rebuild...

T.G.

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

If thats his thinking, he better get that extension done awful damned fast then.  If we toss the next couple years and lose Trout/Simmons for virtually nothing, that well dries up awful fast.
Im still unconvinced about us suddenly being contenders in 21, it assumes far too much and ignores what is right in front of us.

what is right in front of us?  I try to be positive, but the current team isn't close.  We've had 5 positions this last year with terrible production (C, 2b, 3b, RF, 1b).  Three of those positions already have incumbents that were terrible last year (Pujols, Calhoun, Cozart).  We have a pitching staff that will be missing it's best arm for the entire year and carted out a historically bad crew to fill out the back of the rotation.  We've got a couple arms in the minor that will help, but rookies are rookies.  They tend to having growing pains and they are limited as to their length.  The pen has some promise but there's a lot of youth there as well.  Even if you fill out C, grab a guy who can take at bats from Albert, and add a few pitchers, there's still a lot more that's likely to go wrong than right.  

I don't like it any more than you, but it is what it is.  I'd love to see them grab Corbin, Lynn, Britton, Donaldson, Murphy, Ramos and Jay.  But they're aren't going to.  They'll dance around somewhere in between and if things go right we'll win 90 games.  If they don't we'll win around 80

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

what is right in front of us?  I try to be positive, but the current team isn't close.  We've had 5 positions this last year with terrible production (C, 2b, 3b, RF, 1b).  Three of those positions already have incumbents that were terrible last year (Pujols, Calhoun, Cozart).  We have a pitching staff that will be missing it's best arm for the entire year and carted out a historically bad crew to fill out the back of the rotation.  We've got a couple arms in the minor that will help, but rookies are rookies.  They tend to having growing pains and they are limited as to their length.  The pen has some promise but there's a lot of youth there as well.  Even if you fill out C, grab a guy who can take at bats from Albert, and add a few pitchers, there's still a lot more that's likely to go wrong than right.  

I don't like it any more than you, but it is what it is.  I'd love to see them grab Corbin, Lynn, Britton, Donaldson, Murphy, Ramos and Jay.  But they're aren't going to.  They'll dance around somewhere in between and if things go right we'll win 90 games.  If they don't we'll win around 80

Cozart was hurt, Calhoun made a huge comeback, i think you are being a bit harsh there.  Cozarts early projections put him as potentially our 4th best offensive weapon in 19 by the way.

It depends on how you define close.  Yes, we had some problem spots last year, but the answers are out there in FA.  Im not gonna bother posting the what-ifs as its likely moot, but i see an easy path that blocks noone critical, likely puts us in the post in 19 and gives Trout/Simmons a reason to believe.  Yes thats ambitous, yes it blows the budget for a couple years, but its there.

Outside our own roster in big picture terms this is the perfect storm to make a move.  Huge depth in FA market could mean lower prices, less teams actually trying to win means less suitors, Hou falling back a little due to losing most of its starting rotation to FA, Oak wont be sitting on a horseshoe again.

People talk about a window, i think that window is open. 

35 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i'd love a full rebuild if we had owners that knew what the F*ck they were doing or a gm who knows what the F*ck he's doing

instead, we've got nintendo lite and moron dipoto

happy best gif GIF